• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Twitter Accounts

Holy thread revival Batman.

Any one tried Threads yet? It’s pretty good and seems to have loads to traction already.

I downloaded it this morning, not had chance to explore yet but its linked to Instagram so similar layout to that

It’s pleasingly workable, none of the buggy nonsense from twitter.

Surely there's a way to only see the posts of people you follow? If not, fuck that.

Meta product, they can get to fuck.
You can say that about so many platforms, they are using ActivityPub which can only be a good thing

No Gonçalo Threades, they think he's as much of a cunt as I do.

Thing is I have like 2k+ followers on Twitter. I'm never building that back up again.
Elon might not give you much choice.

Seems to have put his foot down on the destruction of the site.

You can say that about so many platforms, they are using ActivityPub which can only be a good thing
That's fair tbh.

On ActivityPub, Threads isn't launching with support for that. They say "it's coming" but as previously mentioned Meta can get bent; it could all be empty promises, or the engineering challenge could prove insurmountable, especially as they attempt to scale the platform.

If they bring that along and actually release it to the public, it will certainly make Threads very cool and much more than just a Twitter replacement.

That's fair tbh.

On ActivityPub, Threads isn't launching with support for that. They say "it's coming" but as previously mentioned Meta can get bent; it could all be empty promises, or the engineering challenge could prove insurmountable, especially as they attempt to scale the platform.

If they bring that along and actually release it to the public, it will certainly make Threads very cool and much more than just a Twitter replacement.
Seems to be happening, there's a blog up on it on Mastodon.

Seems to be happening, there's a blog up on it on Mastodon.
I didn't realize Mastodon had actually released it; good on them. As they're FOSS (at least for now), that should give a good blueprint to others who want to build out similar functionality.

It's an interesting time in the scene, for sure. I just don't trust Zuckerberg whatsoever.

Kinda shows how unfulfilled my life is, the only place I have a ton of followers is LinkedIn and everyone is a dick on there

The spoilt brat cuntish kids on Twitter do NOT like me :D
Sounds like you don't like them either? :ROFLMAO:

Who do you mean? The talking Wolves lads?

I find their content pretty good. But a couple of them are pretty bloody arrogant.

No, not them. I haven't got a problem with them other than that stupid podcast they did where some idiot said in his SERIOUS VOICE that he had it on very, very good authority that Kalajdzic had already done his ACL before we signed him. Shut up you fool. Oh and if it was them that did the appalling "Wolves Wrestling" stuff, that too.

There are loads of accounts who hate Nuno and love Lage, that kind of profile. They're not doing it on a wind-up either. Can pretty much guarantee they'll be way under 30, hardly ever if at all go to games and wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life.

Back