• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Twitter Accounts

In Alan's defence American's do not use WhatsApp the backwards buffoons.
Signal or bust.

(I'm actually a massive hypocrite and just entrust all my shit to Apple and iMessage)

Signal or bust.

(I'm actually a massive hypocrite and just entrust all my shit to Apple and iMessage)
Standard American and so fucking annoying, WhatsApp / other multi-platform services are sooooo much better

Trying to convince your friends to download a 3rd party messaging app is a real quick way to lose said friends! 😂

There are loads of accounts who hate Nuno and love Lage, that kind of profile. They're not doing it on a wind-up either. Can pretty much guarantee they'll be way under 30, hardly ever if at all go to games and wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life.
I just can't get my head around this. One was successful, had a rapport with supporters and invested in the local community. The other was an arsehole who was found wanting when push came to shove.

Trying to convince your friends to download a 3rd party messaging app is a real quick way to lose said friends! 😂
WhatsApp has been pretty ubiquitous here for about 10 years I'd say.

I was first aware of Whatsapp in 2012 when a group of us from work did the Three Peaks

That's a blessing, honestly. Although they, too, are now owned by Meta!

Signal does have decent traction here but is still very much a niche.

I just can't get my head around this. One was successful, had a rapport with supporters and invested in the local community. The other was an arsehole who was found wanting when push came to shove.
I can't fathom it at all. They moan about Nuno's football being dull (I will accept we were horrible to watch in his final 6 months, with a bunch of caveats). But Lage's football was pound-for-pound some of the worst I have ever seen at Wolves, just dismal.

I can't fathom it at all. They moan about Nuno's football being dull (I will accept we were horrible to watch in his final 6 months, with a bunch of caveats). But Lage's football was pound-for-pound some of the worst I have ever seen at Wolves, just dismal.
Do they get around this by blaming Nuno for picking Adama over Jota or some other stupid bullshit like that?

Do they get around this by blaming Nuno for picking Adama over Jota or some other stupid bullshit like that?
Oh no, they love Adama too.

I don't know what they want. They haven't got a clue what they're on about. Hence we don't get on.

Rather like the anti-Mick community, MM seems to get far more stick than other far worse Wolves managers of that era

Rather like the anti-Mick community, MM seems to get far more stick from other far worse Wolves managers of that era
Although I was always a big fan of Mick, I think that the problem some had with him was that he spoke his mind. There was never any bad feeling from Nuno to the supporters. If someone wants to compare his 4 years whereby 3 were excellent and one was poor with caveats, against Lage's reasonable 3 months, with caveats that the metrics of performance were unsustainable, followed by it falling apart with players chucked under the bus then I don't think I'll be up for reading such fiction.

Although I was always a big fan of Mick, I think that the problem some had with him was that he spoke his mind. There was never any bad feeling from Nuno to the supporters. If someone wants to compare his 4 years whereby 3 were excellent and one was poor with caveats, against Lage's reasonable 3 months, with caveats that the metrics of performance were unsustainable, followed by it falling apart with players chucked under the bus then I don't think I'll be up for reading such fiction.
Lage's tenure mirrored that at Benfica

Initially was ok as he continued working with what he inherited from the previous regime but as time went on and his influence grew things got gradually worse and he had no answers plus his man management was shit

Lage's tenure mirrored that at Benfica

Initially was ok
I would say he was better than ok.

Went on a ridiculous run of form when he took over. Something like 18 wins and 1 draw from 19 and won the League from a position you wouldn;t normally do in Portugal when chasing Porto down. Think he started the next season in fine form. Think he had 1 defeat in 38 or close to that across the 2 seasons and they scored for fun. Then it went wrong and it reflected his time at Molineux when he simply couldn't reverse it (guessing he did the same there as he did here - you fix it by trying the same thing over and over and over and then finally do something insane before getting sacked)

He gets a lot of shit on here and rightly so but his opening spell at Benfica is impressive and a lot better than ok

Joao Felix effect ay. As soon as the kid went, so did Lage's success.

When I was in the States in July 2019 I slipped and fell into the Shenandoah River and for about 30 seconds my phone was submerged then wouldn't work. A few days later I was back in Washington and standing in the station prior to boarding a train to Boston, I searched for a pay phone, and couldn't find one. I asked the girl behind the ticket desk and she told me they'd all been removed. I told her my plight and she said, "Does your wife use WhatsApp"?
"Yes. Why"?
"All calls are free so here, you can use my phone...!!"
Never knew that, how kind and brilliant!

Back