• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

UEFA Nations League & Euro 2020 Qualification

Winks is an absolute waste of a shirt.

I like Winks he just needs to stay fit for longer and play more regularly. Could be a good year for him

I would play 3-4-3/4-3-3 personally. The 352 worked to a degree at World Cup but I don’t see it as a long term solution with the players we have moving forwards

Doubt that Coady is that exercised by the exclusion (though he is better than Tarkowski) - unlikely either would be on the pitch anyway whoever was in the squad.

I like Winks he just needs to stay fit for longer and play more regularly. Could be a good year for him

I would play 3-4-3/4-3-3 personally. The 352 worked to a degree at World Cup but I don’t see it as a long term solution with the players we have moving forwards

I can't really work out what Winks has got in his locker. He's relatively tidy but he doesn't really have any exceptional attributes, don't think he's going to be any kind of long term answer for England.

Someone compared him to Jack Price yesterday, very apt imo.

Why did the FA give Southgate a new deal anyway when he was signed until 2020 already? Surely it would have been sensible to see how this qualification and tournament goes first? Not like there's a line of top clubs queueing up to take him is there?

Why did the FA give Southgate a new deal anyway when he was signed until 2020 already? Surely it would have been sensible to see how this qualification and tournament goes first? Not like there's a line of top clubs queueing up to take him is there?
It takes away the media speculation circle which is slightly a good thing. Business sense wise not though.

Lewis Dunk joining the squad now.

If i were coady I would be looking for an Irish grandmother.

I would imagine with a name like Conor Coady and being from Liverpool, Irish ancestry shouldn't be too hard to trace!

Jonny has come on for his debut.

Will he now go and have six games where he can't run, constantly gives it away and puts corners into the side netting?

Yeah but he scored with one once (? Did he, you have a better memory than me) so it made spannering the ball into the side netting 3000 other times worthwhile.

England are supposedly going 433 which explains why Coady wasn't called up.

Back