• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

UKIP and Similar Watch

I can see why lib dems, greens etc might pick up votes because of apathy, but I can't understand how apathy could make you a racist?

I would imagine that a lot of people who vote for UKIP are not racists, and maybe neither understand or care about their policies, but have had enough of the same tired old rhetoric from the three main parties.

How can a party that constantly comes in behind UKIP in the polls (in the form of the Lib Dems) be considered "more mainstream"? Did anyone outside of the West Country know what they stood for before the debate that took place before the last general election? Did anyone vote for them for reasons other than not wanting to vote for the blue team or the red team?

Most current polls agree that UKIP is the "third party" behind Lab and Con, with the Lib Dems struggling somewhere behind. Green politics are more popular on the continent but are the preserve of young, middle class people in this country who like to think they're "ahead of the curve". They've got a MP in Westminster though, so I assume you would think they're "more mainstream" than UKIP?

How can a party that constantly comes in behind UKIP in the polls (in the form of the Lib Dems) be considered "more mainstream"? Did anyone outside of the West Country know what they stood for before the debate that took place before the last general election? Did anyone vote for them for reasons other than not wanting to vote for the blue team or the red team?

Their political viewpoint is more mainstream, and without them, old Davey boy would be struggling even more.

Their political viewpoint is more mainstream, and without them, old Davey boy would be struggling even more.

I would've agreed with you a few years ago but at the moment we're seeing the fabled shoots of recovery. I actually think that Bullingdon Club Dave is doing a good job as it stands.

White working class don't feel represented by Conservatives or Liberals and even less so by Labour. That is the problem.
They have become marginalised in their own country, if the main parties bothered to represent them then they wouldn't be voting UKIP.
The main parties are ignoring them because the white working class have become the minority.

White working class don't feel represented by Conservatives or Liberals and even less so by Labour. That is the problem.
They have become marginalised in their own country, if the main parties bothered to represent them then they wouldn't be voting UKIP.
The main parties are ignoring them because the white working class have become the minority.

The Lib Dems have never pretended to represent the white working class. They're the party of people living in quaint villages in Devon and Cornwall.

The Lib Dems have never pretended to represent the white working class. They're the party of people living in quaint villages in Devon and Cornwall.

Yep I know. Flim-Flam wooly minded wierdos.

They're not the minority and the vast amount of recent 'policy' announcements seem to be targeted at them (pandering to the immigrants taking our jobs view, energy price freeze, breaking up the banks, free school meals, increase in minimum wage, etc, etc)

Not outside London....

We have a steady rate of growth and inflation is falling to more sustainable levels. It'll be a while before that starts to translate into everyone's pockets but we're well on the way. We can even look back on Gordon Brown's Turkmenbashi-esque proclamation that he'd abolished boom and bust and fall out of our chairs with laughter in the knowledge that the bumbling idiot and his party can no longer drag the country to its knees.

They are in the minority. I'm not talking about race here. I'm talking about Working with a capital W.

No comment on the article itself?

They are in the minority. I'm not talking about race here. I'm talking about Working with a capital W.

With 7% unemployed in the UK and I think 80% ethnically white British they are most definite not in the minority

Your including all people employed in that. That includes all the non productive middle classes. Particularly the one making the rules and enforcing them.

No comment on the article itself?

Here's the general gist of the article:

People who work at Canary Wharf are eating lobster at £40 a throw. Sudbury has a very busy branch of Waitrose but some people there are on the dole. People in London are invariably doing well. Some people in Suffolk are struggling but others are clearly doing very nicely.

It's not really worthy of comment; it's ranting in its tone.

Back