• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ukraine

US hasn’t gone to Defcon 2 since 1991, and in fact has only done so for the start of the gulf war and the Cuban missile crisis. If they have, I would be very surprised if Biden attends the funeral.
Yeah, guy who told me has backtracked on that bit...
Reports that bodyguards have disappeared seems it was inside job.

Defcon is 3 and has been since February 22nd if you believe Google search defcon level sites. I should stress that I am dubious about it not being 4 without better info.

A few more mysterious falls out of windows on the way then.

Our vlad loves a defenestration.

Keep with it, falling off high speed boats is this weeks accidental death of choice

True

Certainly indicates that Putin is on shaky ground now

Demicide or populicide - act of murder of a person or people by a government is closest?

Reports of a mass grave found with 1000 bodies in it in the city of Izyum, some showing signs of torture

It’s very grim stuff Putin having phoney referendums in occupied states to then claim that they’re now Russian not Ukrainian is a sign of desperation.
Only China, Syria and N Korea will recognise the outcome.
Putin is not to be underestimated usually does what he says he’ll do. He’s entrenched in this now and knows he cannot lose the war.
Trust me the whole of Europe and the world will be far safer once he’s out of power.

It’s very grim stuff Putin having phoney referendums in occupied states to then claim that they’re now Russian not Ukrainian is a sign of desperation.
Only China, Syria and N Korea will recognise the outcome.
Putin is not to be underestimated usually does what he says he’ll do. He’s entrenched in this now and knows he cannot lose the war.
Trust me the whole of Europe and the world will be far safer once he’s out of power.
I guess Putin will then be able to claim western backed Ukrainian forces are attacking russian territory

I guess Putin will then be able to claim western backed Ukrainian forces are attacking russian territory
He can and under russian protocols if russian territories are attacked he is justified in the use of nuclear weapons

Votes not counted yet, but I’d guess they’re going to be around the 99% mark saying yes we want to be Russian, they’ll then get mobilisation papers to fight, they’re there anyway, may as well sign em up

Votes not counted yet, but I’d guess they’re going to be around the 99% mark saying yes we want to be Russian, they’ll then get mobilisation papers to fight, they’re there anyway, may as well sign em up
I don't see how that strategy works. Making people fight for a cause they don't believe in never works.

You're literally arming a rebellion.

I know that, you know that, but if these areas suddenly become Russian they can do what other Russian republics have to do.
Chechnya has refused to implement mobilisation

Wonder if we're starting to see the Russian people turning against Putin in larger numbers? A lot more anti war protests over the last couple of days, 700 people detained yesterday for protesting, many fleeing the draft, 20 mile queues to get across the Georgian border.

Russian professor on BBC early morning news predicting Russian civil war. Also said there are no men to be seen in Moscow as they're all in hiding away from the police
The article also showed the huge transport queues at the borders with Kazakhstan and Georgia

Back