• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ukraine

Doubt they’ve just lobbed them into Poland for Bantz, could be a guidance failure, could have been from anti missile defence sending them off course, we’ll have to wait and see

Intelligent thing to do is pour cold water on the situation ie Russian apology and it insisting it had no intention to attack a NATO state.
It’s an obvious error they wouldn’t just have two missiles strike to get a reaction. It’s location just over the border suggests that to.

There'll be no Russian apology, it'll be the fault of the West somehow...

From the BBC, denying everything:
Screenshot_20221115_203406.jpg

My mate and his mrs in Kyiv, have had letters telling them they need to be aware of possible escalation in the war, and told they need to re register up to date details when they come to collect uniforms, arms and ammunition before Christmas.
Intelligence seems to be Belarus have been told they WILL be helping the war effort, Kyiv is gearing up defence of its northern borders and looking at throwing a huge protective barrier around the northern side of the city.
Did tell my mate he may get to visit Chernobyl after all ( his mrs won’t let him, her and her family were evacuated from literally just over the Belarus border into Kyiv when it exploded)

Russian MP Pavel Antov, who said the war on Ukraine was wrong has had a tragic accident. Fell out of his hotel room window (3rd floor).

Someone really needs to check the windows in Russia. The faulty installation of many is causing so many deaths

Trying to convince the Mrs we should sell our bungalow to an oligarch, would get top dollar for it

His mate had a “stroke” a couple of days previous, and Pavel fell out the window due to being sad apparently.
As you do.

You’ve missed an e in the middle of that, was also used a lot in medieval Prague, in 1419, 1483 and the 1618 one led to the thirty years war in Central Europe which killed between 4.5-8 million people!

I have a superb history of the 30 years war. Brilliant book as our schools don’t seem to acknowledge it even happening

Bet you never thought you’d see it mentioned on a football forum

I have a superb history of the 30 years war. Brilliant book as our schools don’t seem to acknowledge it even happening
That's somewhat understandable. Until the 20th century, historians generally viewed it as a continuation of the religious struggle initiated by the 16th-century Reformation within the Holy Roman Empire. The 1555 Peace of Augsburg attempted to resolve this by dividing the Empire into Lutheran and Catholic states, but over the next 50 years the expansion of Protestantism beyond these boundaries destabilised the settlement. While most modern commentators accept differences over religion and Imperial authority were important factors in causing the war, they argue its scope and extent were driven by the contest for European dominance between Habsburg-ruled Spain and Austria, and the French House of Bourbon.
So, y'know...

Russia has said its having a three day ceasefire for orthodox new year, asked Ukraine to comply, Kyiv told em “ you can have a ceasefire when you leave our country”
Russia also looking at closing its borders shortly, before it goes for a second bigger mobilisation, so no escape for people doing a runner

There'll be no Russian apology, it'll be the fault of the West somehow...
Russia has said its having a three day ceasefire for orthodox new year, asked Ukraine to comply, Kyiv told em “ you can have a ceasefire when you leave our country”
Russia also looking at closing its borders shortly, before it goes for a second bigger mobilisation, so no escape for people doing a runner
That's somewhat understandable. Until the 20th century, historians generally viewed it as a continuation of the religious struggle initiated by the 16th-century Reformation within the Holy Roman Empire. The 1555 Peace of Augsburg attempted to resolve this by dividing the Empire into Lutheran and Catholic states, but over the next 50 years the expansion of Protestantism beyond these boundaries destabilised the settlement. While most modern commentators accept differences over religion and Imperial authority were important factors in causing the war, they argue its scope and extent were driven by the contest for European dominance between Habsburg-ruled Spain and Austria, and the French House of Bourbon.
So, y'know...
And what destroyed the Bourbon Dynasty and initiated the destruction of Western Civilization?

The revolutionary nature of todays events in Ukraine provides the context for what is occurring. This is where the Holodomor happened after all.

Bit of a news update.
My mate out in Kyiv has been mobilised officially, he’s in a town fairly near the Belarus border, there’s troops massing on the border in Belarus, and the rumour is Russia are launching a major offensive from all sides of Ukraine on or near the twelve month anniversary of this three day special operation.
Obviously I’m hoping he’ll be ok if it does kick off,he’s a 52yo bus driver with a little bit of military training, not peak Arnold Schwarzenegger in commando

Last edited:
Had a photo off my mate near the Belarus border, he’s doing ok and did a bit of sightseeing asked me to not tell his mrs, still thinks it’ll kick off again in a week or so on the anniversary.
Putin seems to be attempting to destabilise Georgia as well, tanks and stuff on the border, and all the Russians that fled to there after the Ukraine invasion are all scared now.21F69586-E0E3-47DB-8DA3-BF24A05CE567.jpeg

Back