• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ukraine

Yeah it could be used to scapegoat Putin and other high ranking officials, so Russia could leave the field without losing too much face.
However Wagner is a mercenary group and mercenaries only exist for one thing.

Yeah it could be used to scapegoat Putin and other high ranking officials, so Russia could leave the field without losing too much face.
However Wagner is a mercenary group and mercenaries only exist for one thing.
Money?

In the short term it must help Ukraine but listening to experts they have no idea where it will go. It is possible the army on the ground will side with Wagner Group. Sounds like at least some Russian troops are “remaining passive”.

If Putin faces a serious internal insurrection he’ll forget about an Ukraine in an instant.

Apparently Rostov on Don in Russia is under control of Wagner, a lot of accounts I was following on twitter that are Ukraine updates disappeared last night for a couple hours, then reappeared heavily edited, not a conspiracy theorist but was weird and wonder if musk had been told to turn them off or get them edited.
Lukashenkos private jet is in Turkey after leaving Belarus last night.

Might be a case of jumping out frying pan into the fire.
Whatever is going on it’s very destabilising and how will Putin react if Wagner troops get closer to Moscow?
Best case scenario Putin is ousted out of office and a more democratic government is put in place, worst case doesn’t bare thinking about.

Never heard “experts” so flummoxed by a situation One suggestion is Putin might be calling on Belarus to provide troops to defend Moscow as he is so overcommitted in Ukraine..

Might be a case of jumping out frying pan into the fire.
Whatever is going on it’s very destabilising and how will Putin react if Wagner troops get closer to Moscow?
Best case scenario Putin is ousted out of office and a more democratic government is put in place, worst case doesn’t bare thinking about.
The big question is whether Wagner Group want to continue the war or see ending it as a way to secure power.

The head of Wagner has been talking about a new president being in place soon, so I guess it depends on who that is.

Also seems to have been an assassination attempt on the Wagner chief.

Nobody knows how this will play out which makes it a bit unnerving. The way I see it if you’re overthrowing Putin it’s clear you don’t agree with the war and running of the country.
Considering how he does things it might be a good thing, clinging to positives.

Nobody knows how this will play out which makes it a bit unnerving. The way I see it if you’re overthrowing Putin it’s clear you don’t agree with the war and running of the country.
Considering how he does things it might be a good thing, clinging to positives.
Or you don't think Putin is hardline enough?

Or you don't think Putin is hardline enough?
Other than pushing the button, and making vast amounts of people disappear then not sure how he could be.
It’s obvious that expanded the Russian empire back to its pre 1991 level is impossible.
Restrictions on media, free speech and peaceful protest already heavily in place.
Due to Putin they’re just about an isolationist state as it is to.

Put it this way I listen to a podcast of the worlds worst dictators through history I fully expect Putin to be included once he’s out of power.

Russian aircraft and helicopters bombing the err Russian town of Voronezh to try and stop Wagner advancing, also thinking of blowing up three bridges on the outskirts of Moscow to stop their advance.

So Russia bordering on civil war whilst fighting a foreign war

You'd think the Ukrainian's could take this opportunity to take back a lot of ground now.

As said Putin will put all his eggs in holding power, I’d say he’s in an untenable position either keeps power and loses in Ukraine can’t have both by looks of it. Interesting to see how much of the Russian population get behind the rebel movement.

I wonder if there are a few people who hold power (or did) in the western world clenching at the thought of Putin being overthrow. Secrets might start tumbling out

Belarusian troops in Ukraine on Ukraine’s side releasing videos calling on Belarusian comrades to rise up for freedom, could happen as lukashenko is apparently in Turkey.
I’m loving all this shit, videos and tanks and stuff, am worried on how it’s going to end, badly for one side, not so good for the other side and the rest of us

Russian cabinet are all fleeing Moscow on private jets.

Head of Wagner group could be in Moscow by Monday.

Back