• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ukraine

Wagner on the outskirts of Moscow apparently, Kadyrovs Chechen troops in Rostov fighting Wagner troops as well now.

Prigozhin is a thug.
Ruthless and completely merciless.
Don't watch the video circulation of him (actually him) killing one of his soldiers, slugging him to death with a sledgehammer then rallying the rest of the mercenaries ...
He's corrupt and fuck knows what would happen should he succeed with his coup.
He started this Wagner group, organised the weapons, paid them well and the 30,000 he took out of prisons, promised them (Those that survived anyway) wealth and their freedom...

That sounds horrific and even worse than what they’ve got now.

Nobody knows how this will play out which makes it a bit unnerving. The way I see it if you’re overthrowing Putin it’s clear you don’t agree with the war and running of the country.
Considering how he does things it might be a good thing, clinging to positives.

Wagner's troops have been committing attrocities in Ukraine, safe to say they would happily wage a more brutal war.

So is the best outcome Wagner Group and the Russian Army get bogged down in a messy conflict, Putin needs to pull troops out of Ukraine who subsequently regain territory and Putin flees and a slightly more moderate leader fills the vacuum and a peace deal is agreed. I suspect Crimea may be Ukraine’s bargaining chip. It certainly makes the news compulsive viewing.

Prighozihn has already said they've been too soft in the war with Ukraine and should have used tactical nuclear weapons by now.

It’s official, Belarus volunteers in Ukraine have urged comrades at home that the time is now to rise up at home and free themselves from oppression.
If that happens Belarus will be better, Russia is still a worry how that’s going to turn out, and it could get a lot worse for Ukraine

Advance on Moscow halted to avoid bloodshed.

Seems the Belarus President has stepped in and persuaded them to stop for now.

How strange is all this? It's a pretty major signal of intent to start driving your tanks to Moscow and call out the war with Ukraine as bullshit and then just....stop.

I wonder what's really going on.

Well it’s looking like we all survived the Russian coup/civil war 2023

Well, pribushkin/ priabin, whatever, said earlier, as one of his many criticisms that tactical nukes should have been used much earlier in the war.
Anyone sure that the belarusian puppet negotiator hasnt promised their use now to stop the run on moscow?

I'm cynical that this is all as it seems tbh. I'm not sure how feasible it is that a mercenary army just starts publicly rocking up towards Moscow swinging their dicks around. It screams 'orchestrated theatrics', though whether they're trying to prevent us looking at the Ukrainian counter or something more sinister I'm not sure. Putin is too powerful for a military coup, it'd surely need to start with a more discreet assassination

There’ll be deals going on to see who’s on board militarily, police and government departments wise I’d think and who’s getting what when it’s done, it’s not going to stop here and now.

So a mercenary has turned around and took his ball home because his mom called him in for dinner? No way does he go this far, then call it off to prevent bloodshed, did he expect Putin to roll over and let him tickle his belly?

So a mercenary has turned around and took his ball home because his mom called him in for dinner? No way does he go this far, then call it off to prevent bloodshed, did he expect Putin to roll over and let him tickle his belly?
I'm not sure if his beef was with Putin or shoigu, I expect it's the latter.

Didn't he claim (without evidence fwiw) that the Russian military proper had killed some of his men?

EDIT: Missed the bit where he'd stopped the advance on Moscow.

So Wagner group offered a safe place in Belarus. Russia will drop any charges against the leader and its soldiers (would advise avoiding any buildings with more than 1 floor though).

Will presume they got told Putin would drop a tactical nuke on them if they carried on.

Back