• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

v Liverpool (07/01/23) - FA Cup 3rd Round - Build Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are Liverpool doing Wednesday? Coming to watch..?

Will Liverpool play Gakpo?
I'd want JL to use the fixture kinda like a pre-season friendly. Get the players to understand what he wants. Don't be afraid. Try things. Make several substitutions.
Agree with TT, Cunha on at half time for someone. again he needs minutes to build relationships with other players.

Disagree with most of you, bin it off and prioritise Wed and Sat

Sarkic
Jonny Mosquera Toti RAN
Hodge Ronan Neves (by default)
Traore Raul Guedes

Cunha for Raul at half time or thereabouts
To be fair, I think most people are in the boat that we should prioritise the other games, but because of our squad depth, we're forced to play some of the first teamers. I don't think Julen will do a Mick McCarthy and make 10 changes (it still makes me angry that Mick got fined for doing that. How many times have we seen it since? and how could the PL possibly fine a manager for picking a team?!).

Rest players who need resting, play players who need minutes who you might actually use. Playing a reserve team is completely counter productive for a team in our situation.

It achieves nothing and loses and opportunity to develop the team, style, confidence and obviously the chance to progress.

Then they’ve obviously felt historically he didn’t need resting.
That is only partly the reason - we cannot expect him to play forever, these are the games where we can, and should, try other options*

*admittedly rather thin atm

Liverpool to be strong.....

Klopp on approach to Wolves game​

If you play Wednesday, Saturday, Tuesday then you have to think about. But we played Monday, then Saturday and Saturday. It's clear we will line up as good and strong and experienced as we can."

VVD is out for a good while.

That is only partly the reason - we cannot expect him to play forever, these are the games where we can, and should, try other options*

*admittedly rather thin atm
We think he can’t play though because of what his birth certificate says rather than how fit he is.

Tomorrow he probably does need the rest, he’s getting subbed which has never really been the case before. But historically he hasn’t been rested becuse the data clearly says he doesn’t need it. He probably out performed half squad in fitness tests despite being 15 years their senior, and plays in a less explosive manner anyway which is less stressful on the body.

We think he can’t play though because of what his birth certificate says rather than how fit he is.

Tomorrow he probably does need the rest, he’s getting subbed which has never really been the case before. But historically he hasn’t been rested becuse the data clearly says he doesn’t need it. He probably out performed half squad in fitness tests despite being 15 years their senior, and plays in a less explosive manner anyway which is less stressful on the body.

That’s still not the point. It’s not about him it’s about having options which are not him.

That’s still not the point. It’s not about him it’s about having options which are not him.
Fair enough, I assumed it was from a fitness perspective.

There has never been any options before and there still isn’t as we have 4 into 3 with one being Joe Hodge…

Throw this one away. If we get through without an injury to a key player, that's a win.

Sarkic
Jonny Mosquera Toti RAN
Traore Hodge Ronan Campbell
Guedes
Raul

I am desperate for him to play Guedes.

I gave developed a massive fascination as to whether he’s as absolutely fucking shit as he looks.

I am desperate for him to play Guedes.

I gave developed a massive fascination as to whether he’s as absolutely fucking shit as he looks.
LegalDeadArgentineruddyduck-max-1mb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back