• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

v Liverpool (07/01/23) - FA Cup 3rd Round - Build Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if that’s due to the new increased fitness regime, rather than the non existent one under the cover PE teacher?

I don't want to turn this into a Guedes thread, but people are throwing out weakened and rotated sides that we don't even want him in, what an utterly abhorrent signing when measured against the cost.

Weird use of the word 'abhorrent' there, matey?

Gutted that the squad is now creaking for depth in pretty much all areas (it was struggling for numbers already) and the recruitment team have, once again, done next to nothing about it. YES I know we’ve signed Cunha, but Lop is clearly already getting pissed off with it.

Sounds like we’re getting a makeshift line up tonight.

Gutted that the squad is now creaking for depth in pretty much all areas (it was struggling for numbers already) and the recruitment team have, once again, done next to nothing about it. YES I know we’ve signed Cunha, but Lop is clearly already getting pissed off with it.

Sounds like we’re getting a makeshift line up tonight.
You literally started this thread and called for a makeshift line up in the opening post.

and how do you know they are doing next to nothing?

The constant stream of diatribe does your point no favours

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark here,
We've identified a number of players we're interested in, are working hard to make some of them happen, so far either been knocked back or still in the middle of discussions.

We’re not even creaking for depth. We had £165m+ of “talent” on the bench on Wednesday.

Unfortunately we don’t rate any of them outside of RAN, but that’s probably 400k p/w in wages we are spending. They are going to be tough to shift outside of paying off their contracts or waving all/portion of the transfer fee.

I'm going to take a wild stab in the dark here,
We've identified a number of players we're interested in, are working hard to make some of them happen, so far either been knocked back or still in the middle of discussions.
Been in many football recruitment departments?

I'd write this game off completely and play a very weakened squad. Normally I would say the FA Cup is much more important than its ugly sister but we are only one win from a semi-final, followed by a massive match at home to a relegation rival. Need to prioritise in my view, I won't be getting too worked up by a loss tonight.

Strong lineup for me.

I’ve never bought into the correlation between cup games and potential injuries. The upside from a positive performance (or from avoiding a thrashing) far outweighs the downside injury risk.

Also life is too short. I look forward to each Wolves game. I don’t want us playing the kids against Liverpool on a Saturday night on national TV.

It's not just injuries, we are playing a pressing style the players are unused to and debatably not currently fit enough for whilst having 5 games in a fortnight. In addition to injuries you are risking players being jaded for more important games.

There will be some changes, And I would expect some that will surprise us

Think we will be relatively strong. Half and half almost.

Understand people saying about more important games, injuries etc. however I do think all games have some importance, as winning/getting results can become a habit.

An absolute battering, irrelevant of most of first teamers don’t play, would still have an effect on morale etc IMO

We have enough numbers to change the front 3 and the fullbacks, it’s cm and cb where we don’t really have that many options so can see neves and nunes starting

Granted they've got a squad of 100 players but Forest have changed their entire team for their game this afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back