• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

v Liverpool (07/01/23) - FA Cup 3rd Round - Build Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only problem for me is the hammering we are going to get may affect some of our players

Don't think JL thinks Cunha is fit enough to start yet
He mentioned after he came on against Villa that he could only manage 30 mins, so I guess fitness is the issue.

I have no problem with that. Don't want another Sasa.

Oh well. Guess I'll tune in anyway. Hope springs eternal, and getting something out of this now would be a bigger miracle than ever.

Oh well. The Geordies are going out at least.

Yep hate being negative but we'll do well to keep it down to a 2 goal loss.

Thing is it's not a reserve team in the old fashioned sense, with the exception of Lembikisa every single one of those players is currently in our matchday 20. 7 cost us more than £10m. Obviously it's not our best 11, but given the situation if you aren't going to use them today then when are you? Liverpools 11 is not ideal given the line up, but our best team would lose 8 or 9 times out of 10. This is preferable to having those players with another 60 to 90 minutes in their legs. If we lose by 4 or less I don’t see confidence being affected

This also gives JL a chance to see some players he may not want to risk in the League (IE, would he feel comfortable playing Toti from the start in the Prem? Probably not).

Ain't the most fun way to go about the FA Cup but it's the reality of our situation.

Surprised people are upset with the changes.

We're in a relegation fight, any Cup game is secondary because of that, IMO.
I'm happy enough with our team given our lack of squad depth and injuries, that Liverpool team is very, very strong, more so than I expected.

I'm happy enough with our team given our lack of squad depth and injuries, that Liverpool team is very, very strong, more so than I expected.
Yeah, it's a tough side.

If ever there was a game I'd call a "free hit", this is it.

We`re in for a taytering. Happy with the team though. We`ve got a more important thing to concern ourselves with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back