• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Watford v Wolves (A) - 01/01/20 Buildup and Matchday thread...

Mong and retard in the same thread...how progressive

Don't forget the xenophobic comments towards our Portuguese youngsters.

We were unlucky not to get a point regardless but I wait to get shot down as I’m not a regular poster

Think Vinagre has cut down on the step overs and only uses them sporadically lately, think he's starting to fulfill his potential now, as is Neto

Vinagre needs to improve his decision making. He often takes the wrong option, but he's young

Vinagre needs to improve his decision making. He often takes the wrong option, but he's young

Personally think he's improved this massively recently, still more to do but as you say he'll get better with experience

Personally think he's improved this massively recently, still more to do but as you say he'll get better with experience

Vinagre’s delivery is what let’s him down - it’s similar with last season’s Traore.

He can beat his man but his final ball leaves a lot to be desired.

He is nowhere near Jonny yet, in my opinion.

Shit result. Forget about it and move on.

As an aside, Neto became the first teenager to score in the Premier League for Wolves.

Both Vinagre and Neto are improving noticeably almost from game to game. Neto has great pace and all but I'm still unsure of how good he'll actually become. Vinagre looks likely to develop into a truly top class player, we'll do well to hold onto him imo.

Vinagre’s delivery is what let’s him down - it’s similar with last season’s Traore.

He can beat his man but his final ball leaves a lot to be desired.

He is nowhere near Jonny yet, in my opinion.

Again I think this has improved recently, not saying he's the finished article yet but I think he has started addressing all the issues that have been pointed out

If Vinagre can go round a player like he did against Trent AA at the weekend, I’m happy for him to do dozens of step overs.

The bottom line is, step overs are cool, and you know it...

Man U losing 2 nil at half time , Spurs lost today , Sheffield United will hardly pick up anything against Liverpool .
We might just get lucky .

So our defence isn’t *that* bad then

7410a3aaee122f3b19e836699557cfb2.jpg

Our defensive record is good, a lot of the goals we do concede though are soft. We have conceded 10 League goals from Dec'1st to today
Sheff Utd, Brighton 1st, both Spurs', Norwich, City second and today's all fall into that category. That's 7/10 the others I put down to a decent header, a good through ball and control and VAR

This got lost as we conceded as I pressed send, but covers my view on the defence. You can't knock the record, I do think a high percentage of those we do concede are unnecessarily soft. Perhaps that's the case for all teams?

Dunno TT, and hadn't thought of it that way.
My perception is it feels like we are conceding more this season than last. That may be wrong, or a leftover from the start of the season, however it felt like we had a fair few clean sheets last year.
Or perhaps the perception is affected by the fact we seem to concede first so frequently.

Oh, and the comments regarding Bennett should be moved on asap, I don't buy into them. Donck gave that first goal to watford, and it isn't the first goal he's been primarily responsible for imo. That ain't to say he's shite, he's quality, and I like him. Equally, he's young too.

The writing has been on the wall for Bennett for some time now, yet I'm still not sure his days are gone. He continues to be very effective at RCB.

The goals yesterday had virtually nothing to do with the defence.

Both came about as the ball was given away sloppily and there wasn't time to get into the organised defensive shape that serves the team so well. On the first Deulofeu had essentially given up any semblance of defensive responsibility and Doherty was wandering off down the wing unchecked when the ball was played inside to Dendoncker but then he makes the wrong pass, executing it hopelessly too, and instead of Doherty having a 15 yard head start on Deulofeu the roles are reversed and the latter has all the time in the world down the outside of Wolves defence.

We don’t keep many clean sheets. Regardless of big chances created, teams are taking at least one of them and/or we are gifting them a goal.

Fortunately this season we have been ok scoring so a lot of the 0-1 from last season we have managed to get 1-1 or 2-1.

Back