• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

We Want Plates

if the corn bread you've had is anything like madeira cake someone effed up

I'm not going to bother defending corn dogs, come on now. :icon_lol:

I'm not going to bother defending corn dogs, come on now. :icon_lol:

No one could defend corn dogs. I wish I could come up with a term to describe them, something that Paddy would come out with :icon_lol:

I've never tried a corn dog, but thought it looks something I might like. Looks good for dipping in sauces.

Corn bread is awful (I'm a bad southerner, I know).

You're right, Bear, a corn dog is defined by the quality of the sauce, which ironically shows how bland a food they are.

I've never tried a corn dog, but thought it looks something I might like. Looks good for dipping in sauces.

Make sure you visit during a state fair then. :D not really something that's readily available outside of the frozen food section. I literally can't even remember the last time I've seen one being eaten.

Corn bread is awful (I'm a bad southerner, I know).

You're right, Bear, a corn dog is defined by the quality of the sauce, which ironically shows how bland a food they are.

I'm from Texas and I'm with you, not a fan of cornbread in general.

a corndog is a plain hot dog wrapped in cornbread, of course it requires sauce! nothing wrong with wanting sauce though; chicken tenders are delicious but they're sure a lot deliciouser with ranch, or gravy, or bbq, or honey mustard, or....

excuse me I need to run to popeyes.

Nothing wrong with foods that get dipped, but if they require dipping to be any good then I generally turn my nose up at them.

I had wings for dinner.

they were covered in hot garlic sauce.

Saw this in a Guardian restaurant review today. Apparently it's a venison doughnut served on pine...

3024.jpg

I can't decide if I love or hate that response.

Tonights food served on a shovel....but forgiven as it was at the Pie Factory (didn't fancy a Pie though)

28660856_10156278702389443_1797810127477910075_n.jpg

That looks immense. Great venue. It gets a pass despite the lack of plate.

That looks immense. Great venue. It gets a pass despite the lack of plate.

It was indeed. Can't believe I lived in this area for over 10 years and never been in there before tonight.

Did you actually eat it off that shovel??

It was indeed. Can't believe I lived in this area for over 10 years and never been in there before tonight.

I live on Bloomfield Road and a maximum 5 minute walk from the Pie Factory (probably less than that) and have only ever been in there once! After the Barge & Barrel, it's my closest pub.

No excuse for the shovel though.

Love the pie factory. We went on our visit home last year. Did you not get the to go pies?

Back