• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Molineux Benik Afobe

I'm with you NWW.

IMO technique is someone's ability striking a football. His is pretty woeful as his shooting his shocking and his final ball isn't much better. As seen by his corners where he spannered it into the stands and the other out over the top. However he is worth persevering with due to his decent dribbling ability and pace. Teach him how to kick a ball and were on to a winner.
Reminds me of a certain Matt Jarvis.

Reminds me of a certain Matt Jarvis.

Jarvis couldn't dribble but made the most of what he had. He knew if he just stood it up to the back post or cut it back he'd give someone a chance (it helped having fletcher and Iwelumo). Whereas VLP is decent at dribbling and trying to best people (although he doesn't do it as much as he should) but then scuffs it. They are very similar yet opposite at the same time! [emoji1]

I'm with you NWW.

IMO technique is someone's ability striking a football. His is pretty woeful as his shooting his shocking and his final ball isn't much better. As seen by his corners where he spannered it into the stands and the other out over the top. However he is worth persevering with due to his decent dribbling ability and pace. Teach him how to kick a ball and were on to a winner.

Yep, agree with that.

3 goals and 2 assists in 5 appearances so far.

Lets hope he can keep that up!

Last night he was apparently used in the "number 10" role. Could this be a permanent position for him or was it just circumstantial that he did well there?

Was he *really* a number 10? Or was it just a classic 4-4-2 where you've got one striker set up to be the main target and the other to support?

If anything, the more important tactical criteria here is the width of the team. Were Sako and RVLP proper wingers? Or were they playing narrower, as you'd expect in a 4-2-3-1?

Or maybe thinking about this in term of rigid formations is a bit redundant considering the flexibility of the modern game, idk.

It wasn't a 4-4-2. Sako, van La Parra and Afobe were pretty fluid behind Nouha popping up all over the place and causing town all sorts of problems.

I really like Afobe hes going to be a big player for us.

It wasn't a 4-4-2. Sako, van La Parra and Afobe were pretty fluid behind Nouha popping up all over the place and causing town all sorts of problems.

I really like Afobe hes going to be a big player for us.

Were we linking the play better without Edwards, and did there seem to be a wish to play more football through the opposition.
Or were we looking to just break quickly into the space beyond a high line.

http://www.wolves.co.uk/news/article/concentrate-on-ourselves-2265100.aspx

Good interview with him here. Interesting to say that KJ took a risk on Tuesday, we're obviously more dangerous with him and Dicko both playing but we will give up more chances at the other end without Edwards/another midfielder in there.

Be like the shoot-out at the OK Corral. ;)

We'll be OK with our BANDITS, (B)enik (A)fobe (N)uoho (D)icko (I)n (T)here (S)coring, watch our goal difference rise. :D

Seems to have put my concerns to bed. Well done Afobe.

He's had a good start and from what I've seen from him there is plenty to improve. Exciting prospect, with him and Dicko both 22 years old future looks bright!

Really pleased he's scored a few early and had an impact, long may it continue.

Back