• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves - Conor Coady

Like most on here, I liked Coady. He went hand in hand with the Nuno revolution and we got to see what a wonderful person he is.

So many great moments and proud ones to, seeing him score for England, and to wear the captains arm band, just amazing to see a Wolves player achieve that.

I think he was at a loss as soon as Nuno was gone, he was his voice on the pitch.

He's a big personality in the dressing room, and without him being 100% on board I cant imagine it's as effective with him in there. I'm perhaps more used to clubs not getting in the way of players, it doesn't do anyone any good in the long term. I can honestly say that he owes the club absolutely nothing. He gave us everything and I will always hold him in high esteem for that. Good luck Coads let's hope you live that dream

Don't think you can be a fan and wear your main rivals shirt personally, or change teams. Once you have chosen that's it, you don't get returns.
I'm only guessing but in Liverpool I think it might be a slightly different attitude.

The city is very insular with two huge clubs dominating all of local football, and when you're a kid you probably have several different family members who support either of the two clubs. I'd imagine you are exposed to both kits a lot and it isn't seen as terrible when you're young to wear either of them.

Haven`t felt this sad to see a player leave since Bully hung up his boots, though I understand the reasoning behind it. Who will marshall the defence now then? I guess Neves will get the armband? Should we have a poll? Dendonker get`s my vote. Good luck Conor, and thanks..

I'm only guessing but in Liverpool I think it might be a slightly different attitude.

The city is very insular with two huge clubs dominating all of local football, and when you're a kid you probably have several different family members who support either of the two clubs. I'd imagine you are exposed to both kits a lot and it isn't seen as terrible when you're young to wear either of them.
He gave an interview to LFC tv about that photo. He was made to wear the kit for an event, but he is irredeemably a red.

He also has family members who are Everton fans. Pretty sure he has an Uncle who is.

As mentioned, the rivalry is fairly friendly. It's only got a bit tetchy between as Klopp released Origi onto them... Should settle down again this season

Certain sections.

The make up of supporters means it is generally friendly, as in off the pitch. Households will have fans of both teams living in them or close relatives making them wear the other kit and taking them to the others games to try and flip them. As with everything though, some tits ruin it, mainly online of course.
It doesn't help Liverpool are currently successful and they are shit though.

Don't think you can be a fan and wear your main rivals shirt personally, or change teams. Once you have chosen that's it, you don't get returns.
He was about 6 for christs sake, he'll have worn whatever he was given

Apparently seen somewhere its only a season long loan as opposed to a £12 million sale.
Which is correct ?

Of all the stupid things you've said and the bar is so high it would make Sergey Bubka say "fuck that", this is by far and away the most stupid
Not stupid, not trolling, just an observation that I don’t think Collins good enough as a first choice premier league defender.

I’m also worried about Sa this season.

Apparently seen somewhere its only a season long loan as opposed to a £12 million sale.
Which is correct ?
It's a loan with an option to buy. No one has a clue if any clauses that will trigger the option

Not stupid, not trolling, just an observation that I don’t think Collins good enough as a first choice premier league defender.

I’m also worried about Sa this season.
After 1 game? In which he looked alright.

I agree on Sa though

Thought both CB's played quite well at the weekend but both fullbacks had poor games.

On Coady, his agent has posted on Twitter thanking Wolves for "acting with integrity, when it was clear he wasn't in the managers plans"

After 1 game? In which he looked alright.

I agree on Sa though
Whilst Sa rolled all his greatest hits into 1 half v Leeds you do have to take into account he had played just 1 preseason game and had 2 weeks of full training since his injury in May.
I think we will see the same as last season, brilliance with brain fart moments thrown in.

Whilst Sa rolled all his greatest hits into 1 half v Leeds you do have to take into account he had played just 1 preseason game and had 2 weeks of full training since his injury in May.
I think we will see the same as last season, brilliance with brain fart moments thrown in.

That's the trade off with Sa. You will get some real quality stuff mixed in with some more extravagant things that in some case will probably cost you. It's hard to get your head around in some ways as by default you want safe and dependable in goal but Sa seems a lot more of a fit of what managers want from a modern keeper. You see some of the very top ones doing mad things these days. If you are asking a keeper to come high and sweep up danger and play out there are always going to be risks.

None of the above excuses letting that shot in on Saturday - that was just shit. Just think it is/has been hard for some (myself included) to switch the thinking from having a keeper like Rui to Sa as they are pretty polar opposites in terms of keepers.

Back