• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves - Conor Coady

I have full respect for Conor, but it's pretty unusual for clubs to do this with first team assets, isn't it? I don't see that much difference with this and the Adama deal. What do/did Wolves get out of either?
It is unusual I agree.
Adama deal we were seemingly desperate to sell with Spurs in talks with him then got done over by the biggest conmen in Europe and convinced ourselves it was best deal for everyone.
This deal is not one they wanted to do but have helped Conor make it happen to ensure he got what he required.

I know many won't agree with me, that's fine. I am just happy to see that sometimes normal football business can be suspended because the club and player have such a solid relationship.
The only other player we will do anywhere near similar will be if Neves signs a new deal with a clause we don't act like bastards if a decent bid is received from a big club.

I wonder if this is a message to other potential players that we won't stand in their way of their ambitions. That could be worth way more than c. £12m.

You think he'd get pissed off that quickly? No wonder they get such bad deals on all the outgoing transfers if they just bend over backwards for the first offer in case someone gets upset.

Haven't got anything like top dollar for an outgoing player since Costa and Cavaleiro went.

Have a read of his comments on moving to Everton and bare in mind he's actually a bluenose himself, or was as a kid and ask yourself if he'd be pissed off with missing out on that move.

It’s clear Coady wouldn’t be playing us for this season barring four options ahead of him dropping out. The question isn’t what do Wolves get out of the loan, it’s what do Wolves avoid by allowing him to go instead of forcing him to stay and never leave the bench. Everton know this as well, what are wolves going to do? Say no to a loan for a player who isn’t going to play? It’s not as if clubs were lining up to buy him outright.

It is unusual I agree.
Adama deal we were seemingly desperate to sell with Spurs in talks with him then got done over by the biggest conmen in Europe and convinced ourselves it was best deal for everyone.
This deal is not one they wanted to do but have helped Conor make it happen to ensure he got what he required.

I know many won't agree with me, that's fine. I am just happy to see that sometimes normal football business can be suspended because the club and player have such a solid relationship.
The only other player we will do anywhere near similar will be if Neves signs a new deal with a clause we don't act like bastards if a decent bid is received from a big club.
I agree on the latter. Coady has given his all for the club, on and off the field. It's actually nice to see respect between club and player and realise he's not just a piece of meat for sale.
On another note his missus on IG said his smile has come back. I guess it was a big blow to realise he wasn't an integral part of Lage's plan this year. Going from an ever present and captain to the bench must knock it out of you a bit.

Right. Favourite Coady moments.

I'll start with the header against Everton.
Coady taking the captains armband for England vs Wales. A Wolves player captaining England?!

That and the pen he nearly missed against Bolton!

I would be concerned with who is going to organise us and lead us at the back. I don't see Collins or Kilman doing it, particularly with loose canons like Ait Nouri and Semedo as full backs.
We can't afford to leak goals when we have trouble scoring them at the other end.
Hope my fears are unfounded.

My uncles client either made it up and got extremely lucky or this has been on the cards for months, and Godfrey getting injured has accelerated it.

So I’m not really having any defence of this if it does turn out to be a shit deal for Wolves.

Have a read of his comments on moving to Everton and bare in mind he's actually a bluenose himself, or was as a kid and ask yourself if he'd be pissed off with missing out on that move.
He is/was absolutely a Liverpool fan

Who was a bluenose? Coady? He wasn't.

Been some player for us in the end when it looked a very average signing at first. He’s represented this club better than any captain i’ve seen and has always come across as a top bloke.

If we don’t need to sell to buy i have no issue with the loan tbh. He wants to play and he’s going to play in a 3 so i just can’t see how Everton don’t sign him in the end anyway. He’ll get plenty of protection with Tarkowski next to him.

Interesting interview. Doesn't look like he was forced out in any way. Sounds like he jumped at the chance!

Interesting interview. Doesn't look like he was forced out in any way. Sounds like he jumped at the chance!
I don’t think he was forced out anyway, but he clearly needs to play ahead of the World Cup

Many thanks Connor for everything, this feels like the end of an era, hopefully the start of another.

Back