• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves - Conor Coady

Perhaps, but going by our recent track record, I'm not particularly convinced by the 'what if' you propose.

I just don't see any benefit to Wolves in this deal. Coady and Everton are chuffed, I'm sure

Track record?

Maybe but then it seems coady has told the club he didn't want to be sat on a bench this year so wants to move, that gives us limited options.

I don't believe we should be standing in the way of that, regardless of the business element.

It's also hilarious that often we as fans state we should get people on loan with an option but when ours go out on via the same method it's absolutely ridiculous. The duality of man.

Hardly surprising people would have a different attitude when buying to selling.

I wouldn't have thought Everton would've baulked at say £10m for a permanent transfer, still don't think that would've represented the best deal Wolves could've done for themselves but if they want to do Coady a favour so be it. This setup just feels like they've laid out the red carpet for Everton to stroll up and take him away then stuck £20 in their back pocket on the way out to cover his taxi home as well.

I just don't see any benefit to Wolves in this deal. Coady and Everton are chuffed, I'm sure
For me, this was a deal where Wolves have looked out for Conor rather than self interest. I have no issue at all with this, a rare glimpse that respect still exists in the game.

Not like the Adama one where we had our pants pulled over heads and our bollocks kicked.

Hardly surprising people would have a different attitude when buying to selling.

I wouldn't have thought Everyone would've baulked at say £10m for a permanent transfer, still don't think that would've represented the best deal Wolves could've done for themselves but if they want to do Coady a favour so be it. This setup just feels like they've laid out the red carpet for Everton to stroll up and take him away then stuck £20 in their back pocket on the way out to cover his taxi home as well.

Not really, Benfica should let their best talent and starting number 9 move to wolves on loan with an option but we are moaning our 4th choice centre half has moved on the same terms, how does that make sense?

Obviously Everton wouldn't pay upfront for him, that would have been the starting point of negotiations.

Right. Favourite Coady moments.

I'll start with the header against Everton.

I hope it goes well for him.
Big mistake letting him go imo.

Jota sale, Hoever, Hwang, Fabio, Semedo, the Adama loan.

All arguably questionable in some way

None of them are remotely comparable bar Adama. Even with that we sent a bloke on loan who won't sign a new deal, wasn't in the managers plans as a gamble he'd actually look like a footballer, obviously it was a longshot because we know he's not.

For me, this was a deal where Wolves have looked out for Conor rather than self interest. I have no issue at all with this, a rare glimpse that respect still exists in the game.

Not like the Adama one where we had our pants pulled over heads and our bollocks kicked.

I have full respect for Conor, but it's pretty unusual for clubs to do this with first team assets, isn't it? I don't see that much difference with this and the Adama deal. What do/did Wolves get out of either?

Not really, Benfica should let their best talent and starting number 9 move to wolves on loan with an option but we are moaning our 4th choice centre half has moved on the same terms, how does that make sense?

Obviously Everton wouldn't pay upfront for him, that would have been the starting point of negotiations.

Don't think I've ever proposed stealing Benfica's first choice forward on loan? I wouldn't ever expect a team to be so willing to allow such an important player to leave on those terms, no team other than Wolves anyway.

Fringe players like Jimenez you've got a chance, they're not particularly important to the parent club, opportunity for the player to generate some value for themselves and worst case you get a small loan fee or some wage offset.

If Everton wouldn't even pay a fairly derogatory fee then sorry, deal's off, I'll be waiting for the call back in a few days when they haven't got enough fit centre halves to play their next game.

Don't think I've ever proposed stealing Benfica's first choice forward on loan? I wouldn't ever expect a team to be so willing to allow such an important player to leave on those terms, no team other than Wolves anyway.

Fringe players like Jimenez you've got a chance, they're not particularly important to the parent club, opportunity for the player to generate some value for themselves and worst case you get a small loan fee or some wage offset.

If Everton wouldn't even pay a fairly derogatory fee then sorry, deal's off, I'll be waiting for the call back in a few days when they haven't got enough fit centre halves to play their next game.

I said wolves fans not singling you out.

Let's be honest, centre halves who are passable in a back 3 are ten a penny. We picked one up for nothing so they wouldn't be calling back and then you've severely pissed off a huge voice in your dressing room.

I said wolves fans not singling you out.

Let's be honest, centre halves who are passable in a back 3 are ten a penny. We picked one up for nothing so they wouldn't be calling back and then you've severely pissed off a huge voice in your dressing room.

You think he'd get pissed off that quickly? No wonder they get such bad deals on all the outgoing transfers if they just bend over backwards for the first offer in case someone gets upset.

Haven't got anything like top dollar for an outgoing player since Costa and Cavaleiro went.

Back