• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves - Conor Coady

Wolves chairman Jeff Shi said: “Conor has been an integral part of our success over the last five seasons, and loyal servant to the club over his seven years at Molineux. His dedication to Wolves in that time means that we choose not to stand in the way of his desire to play football elsewhere, and he leaves with our best wishes.

Nothing to say the option is anything other than that.
Tremendous professional and man, I wish him well and hope he makes the World Cup squad. If and when he comes back to Molineux he'll get the ovation he deserves

Fantastic servant, and brilliant captain of the best Wolves team I've seen in my lifetime! Goes with my best wishes and will get a huge round of applause and appreciation whenever he's back here

Until we know the structure of the deal then we can't really comment. What if it's 5m loan fee and an additional 10m to sign him. That makes sense really, if he's half decent and they don't sign him then he's still retained value.

The option is almost guaranteed. Plays a certain amount of games and they don't get relegated then they buy him.

Until we know the structure of the deal then we can't really comment. What if it's 5m loan fee and an additional 10m to sign him. That makes sense really, if he's half decent and they don't sign him then he's still retained value.

If he bombs then you've still took a hit, same gamble as MGW for me, his value is unlikely to get any higher at this point so squeeze for what you can get and do the permanent deal.

If Everton go down they won't be able to afford him, and for once I agree with Shi that stopping the move to force an obligation to buy would have hurt Coady more than anyone else.

Perhaps, but going by our recent track record, I'm not particularly convinced by the 'what if' you propose.

I just don't see any benefit to Wolves in this deal. Coady and Everton are chuffed, I'm sure

I don't often have reservations about Ken's signings in advance, Leon is the only one where that's applied. Before this.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong (with Leon I knew there was very little chance I'd be wrong, it's not quite on that scale).

On this occasion...

If he bombs then you've still took a hit, same gamble as MGW for me, his value is unlikely to get any higher at this point so squeeze for what you can get and do the permanent deal.

Maybe but then it seems coady has told the club he didn't want to be sat on a bench this year so wants to move, that gives us limited options.

I don't believe we should be standing in the way of that, regardless of the business element.

It's also hilarious that often we as fans state we should get people on loan with an option but when ours go out on via the same method it's absolutely ridiculous. The duality of man.

"It was the best of loans, it was the worst of loans..."

Back