• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves - Goncalo Guedes

Not quite as effective as Trincao, but does look like he’s trying.
Tbh I think he has more impact than Trincao did for us, much better defensively but we bought him as a forward so still need more from him. Hard to judge him with the current coach, none of our forwards are showing anything in the current system.

Not quite as effective as Trincao, but does look like he’s trying.
I think I need reminding of Trincao's effectiveness, because my recollection is of him contributing the square root of fuck all in the majority of his games. Guedes has had, what, 4 games? I thought yesterday, in the first half at least, he was the best of our so-called forwards.

Tbh I think he has more impact than Trincao did for us, much better defensively but we bought him as a forward so still need more from him. Hard to judge him with the current coach, none of our forwards are showing anything in the current system.

I don't think so. Trincao was quite good the start of the season. Man united and Everton were good games.

He showed what he could do with movement around him when he came on against Leeds, I'd have 100% taken him over Guedes and nothing has changed since.

Not sold on Guedes as yet (if he's not bringing goals and the ability to do a decent job centrally it's a weird signing, especially when we bought so few first XI players over the past few years), but Trincao was a wet fart 90% of the time, and probably not suited to the PL at all

Reactions: b3h
Not sold on Guedes as yet (if he's not bringing goals and the ability to do a decent job centrally it's a weird signing, especially when we bought so few first XI players over the past few years), but Trincao was a wet fart 90% of the time, and probably not suited to the PL at all

He was suited to a team who played football around the box. Nothing to do with the league he was in, Mahrez is just as pathetic as Trincao on the physical side but he's a technician.

Bruno couldn't put a plan in place to get the best out of a very good footballer, shocking I know.

Guedes looks industrious, competent and has a brain at least which is better than a lot of the alternatives but I don’t see what his stand out qualities are.

Too early to really tell but just looks very 7/10 at best 6/10 at worst which probably makes him our best forward but isn’t really enough.

Guedes looks industrious, competent and has a brain at least which is better than a lot of the alternatives but I don’t see what his stand out qualities are.

Too early to really tell but just looks very 7/10 at best 6/10 at worst which probably makes him our best forward but isn’t really enough.
I like him and with a proper manager who can get players around him in attack and moving off the ball he could be very Jota-esque.

He played a lovely through ball from a Sa long punt that should've been finished but ended with Neto shooting wide.

I like him and with a proper manager who can get players around him in attack and moving off the ball he could be very Jota-esque.

He played a lovely through ball from a Sa long punt that should've been finished but ended with Neto shooting wide.

Please never compare him to Jota again. Like comparing Zubar with Cafu.

Feel he will be pretty good long term for us, improved manager caveat obviously.
Dunno what the issue is, but consistently seems done after 60 mins.

Feel he will be pretty good long term for us, improved manager caveat obviously.
Dunno what the issue is, but consistently seems done after 60 mins.

Massive jump in intensity from La Liga. Think there's about double the amount of sprints per game.

Please never compare him to Jota again. Like comparing Zubar with Cafu.
Even if you don’t rate Guedes, comparing him to Zubes is surely a bridge too far.

too early to judge him in a poorly performing team, but he does seem a bit like Trincao. hopefully will show some class soon.

Kinda reads that way if Jota is the Cafu of the analogy.

But it's not a direct comparison is it. I'm not saying Guedes and Zubar are comparable. I used an exaggerated example to display the chasm of difference in ability.

But it's not a direct comparison is it. I'm not saying Guedes and Zubar are comparable. I used an exaggerated example to display the chasm of difference in ability.
Aye, and I think that’s unfair on Guedes as the gap between him and Jota couldn’t possibly be as wide as the one between Zubar and Cafu.

I'd say it's like going from Rae to Olofinjana. As I never worked out what Seyi was supposed to be other than someone who would score a few if you gave him enough two yard tap ins, and I don't know what Guedes is.

He's not particularly quick, skilful or clinical, and I don't think he'll create many goals either. Defensively he tries but it isn't really his bag naturally, look at the first goal yesterday. Just a nothing player.

He might look better if we actually had an attacking plan, but we emphatically do not.

Aye, and I think that’s unfair on Guedes as the gap between him and Jota couldn’t possibly be as wide as the one between Zubar and Cafu.

It was an exaggeration. There's a big gap though, Jota is a world class player who isn't even at his peak yet. Guedes is just meh, I don't see anything to his game that impresses me. He works hard though.

Back