• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves - Goncalo Guedes

I wouldn't be surprised to see him used as a makeweight in a Ramos deal in the summer
How’s Ramos been performing this season? We’d be looking at having to break our transfer record to get him in wouldn’t we?

How’s Ramos been performing this season? We’d be looking at having to break our transfer record to get him in wouldn’t we?
Don’t think there’s any chance we’d get him now.

Don’t think there’s any chance we’d get him now.
Not even with guedes as a sweetener, if you can call him that 👀🙃.

But seriously, we would be looking 60mil plus wouldn’t we? Can’t see it

Depends if Guedes is included. If he is then might be around 80mil...
For as much as we give Guedes shit, his record (goals + assists) in Spain really isn't bad.

@jdrodrigues can correct me but I kind of think of the Portuguese Primeira as very similarly styled to La Liga, just a lower standard. Which is to say, I can see why there'd be optimism around his arrival there.

For as much as we give Guedes shit, his record (goals + assists) in Spain really isn't bad.

@jdrodrigues can correct me but I kind of think of the Portuguese Primeira as very similarly styled to La Liga, just a lower standard. Which is to say, I can see why there'd be optimism around his arrival there.
Kind of, yeah. Plus he's part of the Benfica academy, grew up here, and was part of the main team in a couple title victories before he left to PSG.

The competition here is not great so he has everything to shine again at Benfica.

imagem.png

There he is!

It's always so nice to see our old gold colours in the Portuguese press. :)

Apologies for the multi-posting

Hopefully he’s a roaring success to drum up interest elsewhere.

He's drumming up my interest in his backpack.

Hoping that with JL being here and our complete change in transfer strategy we are now leaving the days of being a Jorge puppet.

Its hard to complain overly about the set up as without it we don't get a lot of the players we have seen over the Fosun ownership but the last couple of years it has certainly felt like we were just happy to have whatever Jorge sent our way and Guedes is close to being the worst one (Lage clearly the worst Jorge install). I mean that with regards to numerous attempts to get him here & a player not fully sold on the idea.

I know the Jorge relationship will continue but hope it is now a bit more formal.

I
Hoping that with JL being here and our complete change in transfer strategy we are now leaving the days of being a Jorge puppet.

Its hard to complain overly about the set up as without it we don't get a lot of the players we have seen over the Fosun ownership but the last couple of years it has certainly felt like we were just happy to have whatever Jorge sent our way and Guedes is close to being the worst one (Lage clearly the worst Jorge install). I mean that with regards to numerous attempts to get him here & a player not fully sold on the idea.

I know the Jorge relationship will continue but hope it is now a bit more formal.
I mean that’s a hope. Given the Lopatron was lined up at the start by Mendes and Fosun I’m not sure it’s a massive hope.

I

I mean that’s a hope. Given the Lopatron was lined up at the start by Mendes and Fosun I’m not sure it’s a massive hope.
He was lined up more because Jeff knew him (he had a little black of football contacts - Lops & Walter Z).

Back