• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves - Goncalo Guedes

Hoping that with JL being here and our complete change in transfer strategy we are now leaving the days of being a Jorge puppet.

Its hard to complain overly about the set up as without it we don't get a lot of the players we have seen over the Fosun ownership but the last couple of years it has certainly felt like we were just happy to have whatever Jorge sent our way and Guedes is close to being the worst one (Lage clearly the worst Jorge install). I mean that with regards to numerous attempts to get him here & a player not fully sold on the idea.

I know the Jorge relationship will continue but hope it is now a bit more formal.
We won't ever know, but Lage's time at Benfica was also marred by some few weird hirings that should never have joined. But that was also policy for the previous incompetent charlatan we had as management, so I can't say whether it was Lage's fault or uptop's fault.

Back then, Lage seemed like a breath of fresh air around the club. Then he started a season, everyone was excited, and the weirdness started.

Don’t want to come all @Lupollet but Jeff didn’t know fuck all before being told to get over to Wolverhampton imo
My understanding is Jeff had met Lops previously and also Walter at events and he put Lops at the top of his list when he was told he would be running the show here

( my memory is shit so a good chance I am wrong but in true forum stylee I will stubbornly carry on ignoring any actual facts...right down to when you prove me wrong, I will ignore you response then in 3 months time will say the same thing I am saying now as if you never said anything)

He’s not good enough for the elite in Spain, and do any of the other clubs spend £30m on forwards in their late 20s?

( my memory is shit so a good chance I am wrong but in true forum stylee I will stubbornly carry on ignoring any actual facts...right down to when you prove me wrong)
Meh, other posters have way more stamina than me. I’ll go with it.

The thing I like about this the most is the ruthlessness with which he was told that he was no longer part of the first team squad - he was effectively told to leave straight away , despite being bought only last August .
That shows the power and strong decision making of JL .

Others will surely follow shortly or in the Summer that fit into the same bracket of not caring enough .

I think the three of them were maybe openly saying how bad a manager Lage is, Jeff found out, asserted his authority and got rid to stop the full on mutiny of playing staff

With a side note....if he scores a couple for Benfica, some on Twitter will say this. So in early to call them fucking idiots....
Only morons would compare between the clubs. Benfica domestically plays against a bunch of dead beat clubs. Sometimes one pulls a bit of a fight. Regardless, the worth of the entire league, minus the big three, would probably be lower than one squad from any of EPL clubs.

Either JL had a breakdown and could only say this line "He’s a good guy and a very good player" or Liam couldn't be arsed to type more to hit his word quota and just used it again and again and again

Guedes?
Worst pile of shit I´ve seen since Roger Johnson..from the Sweden prespective.
Awful in every department and I am sure drinking in celebration to his departure.
A pile of manure as a player and as a person..what´s there to like?
Fuck off Goncalo..Fuck off very much.

I think the three of them were maybe openly saying how bad a manager Lage is, Jeff found out, asserted his authority and got rid to stop the full on mutiny of playing staff

I can’t see Coady doing that at all. Nor the other two really.

Mmm, depends how it pans out, was Lage "strong and powerful" for getting rid of Coady, Saiss and Boly all at once?

The difference for me is that all three mentioned there contributed significantly to Wolves ascent and achievements over the last five or six years.

All Guedes contributed was a face like a smacked arse

Blobby Taylor or Goncalo Guedes?
Blobby every dat of the week..at least the fella was good for a laugh I do think.

Either JL had a breakdown and could only say this line "He’s a good guy and a very good player" or Liam couldn't be arsed to type more to hit his word quota and just used it again and again and again
No way back for guedes based on that.
Will go with option 3, guedes was so set on leaving that him staying/being part of lopeteguis revolution was a non starter & therefore lopetegui has nothing to say.

Back