• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves - Goncalo Guedes

You'd imagine if Guedes does well then there's a good chance they'll sign him, especially if the inevitable happens and the sell Ramos in the summer.

I don't think he plays for us again.

Goes on a free or signs for another of Mendes's clubs for a pittance.
And if that materialises then Ofcourse he will be a worse signing then guedes.

If he ends up coming back and playing a part, which he still could do, then he won’t be. We can’t draw a conclusion really on him until his time at wolves is actually up was more my point

Yes, but was more expensive, had a lot more chances to do something and fell through. He's not even shining in the Belgian League
You could well be right in time,

However saying he’s had a lot more chances is abit harsh and isn’t fair. He was thrown into a team as an 18 year old with fuck all experience, compared to guedes who is a full international with over 40 caps. You’d surely expect more from him

And just to clarify, no, I am not saying Fabio is the answer to our goal scoring, just he can’t be classed as bad a signing as guedes, at this point

And just to clarify, no, I am not saying Fabio is the answer to our goal scoring, just he can’t be classed as bad a signing as guedes, at this point
Silva tries and looks like he gives a shit.

Guedes was an awful signing because he was obviously awful. I'd seen him play before and he was completely rank. Con job of a career.

You could well be right in time,

However saying he’s had a lot more chances is abit harsh and isn’t fair. He was thrown into a team as an 18 year old with fuck all experience, compared to guedes who is a full international with over 40 caps. You’d surely expect more from him
But Guedes didn't last half a season. Fábio was here for two (three? seems like a lifetime ago), playing on semi-regularly. So yeah, he had a lot more opportunities to do something. He wasn't ready, but I think he wasn't that good either.

You'd imagine if Guedes does well then there's a good chance they'll sign him, especially if the inevitable happens and the sell Ramos in the summer.
Doubtful. Benfica won't pay what Wolves would probably ask, after a 30M € signing...

No one is going to give us anywhere near what we paid for him,if we can recoup half of that we'd likely bite a teams hand off for it.
It's true, but that's easy for us, supporters, to say. I'm guessing those "up high" would try to recoup the losses. They might be banking on the fact that Benfica is vying for title and has a decent fighting chance in the next round of the UCL

No one is going to give us anywhere near what we paid for him,if we can recoup half of that we'd likely bite a teams hand off for it.
I wouldn't be surprised to see him used as a makeweight in a Ramos deal in the summer

I keep seeing in the news he’s going to Barcelona with obligation to buy.

Back