• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves - Goncalo Guedes

You poor fuckers.

If he's the least bit motivated, might be better. Win-win for both parties. Benfica is not depending on him either, there's good solutions, but adds squad depth. I'm wondering how he'll show up, tbh.

Also, Benfica mostly plays against really bad teams in the Portuguese league. The challenge is completely different

So the series of loans to nowhere has begun. £27.5m less a few million in loan fees pissed up the wall
Mendes model. If he somehow shines in Benfica, especially in the CL (playing Bruges next month), then a worthy transfer might show up. Otherwise, maybe there's a loan-to-buy clause in there?

Where do people rank him in the worst transfers we have had? There are some very distinct eras of Wolves they make this tricky but for me him for what we paid and Joe Mason for what we paid compared to what we needed and our position at the time really stand out.

DW will be along shortly to chat about Darren Ferguson, Joe Gladon and a few others

Where do people rank him in the worst transfers we have had? There are some very distinct eras of Wolves they make this tricky but for me him for what we paid and Joe Mason for what we paid compared to what we needed and our position at the time really stand out.
Fábio Silva is still worse (imho). :|

Sticking with what I said t'other day.
In with the Jose signing category.
Not suitable for us and gave up. Will go back to Spain or Portugal and do OK again.

Sticking with what I said t'other day.
In with the Jose signing category.
Not suitable for us and gave up. Will go back to Spain or Portugal and do OK again.
Hard not to do OK in Portugal at Benfica, tbh. Let's see!

Fabio still has a chance to offer something though I guess. Could well be in the same file as guedes though in time
Yes, but was more expensive, had a lot more chances to do something and fell through. He's not even shining in the Belgian League

Yes I was trying to give Fabio the benefit of the doubt, but you will find around here I wasn't impressed at all and early doors said he looked like the Portuguese Connor Wickham.

Fabio is only worse if you think the club believed that the fee was an appropriate level for his talent in the first place. There is a common theme across the 2

Fabio still has a chance to offer something though I guess. Could well be in the same file as guedes though in time
I don't think he plays for us again.

Goes on a free or signs for another of Mendes's clubs for a pittance.

Fabio is only worse if you think the club believed that the fee was an appropriate level for his talent in the first place. There is a common theme across the 2
Doesn't matter what you believe. The fact is he was signed for £35m+ which is more than Guedes.

Cutrone? Certainly equal in the disappointment stakes and I can't recall him ever looking like he gave a toss.

Cutrone? Certainly equal in the disappointment stakes and I can't recall him ever looking like he gave a toss.
In hindsight, Cutrone called time on his own career when Milan decided he wasn't good enough for them.

Back