• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves - Japan Moutinho

Was really hoping he’d come here but can’t begrudge him taking a payday like that.

Being new here, thought he was going to J League!

The opening posts are very funny.

I'm expecting Adama to pop up in Saudi too. Good luck Japan.

Tbh I'm pretty flabbergasted that he hasn't been picked up yet.

Bring him back
I wish; the way he went missing at the end suggests there was some level of falling out with João and... Someone? I truly can't begin to guess what it would have been about, though.

I wish; the way he went missing at the end suggests there was some level of falling out with João and... Someone? I truly can't begin to guess what it would have been about, though.
Feels like it doesn’t it. Doesn’t feel right the way it ended

Feels like it doesn’t it. Doesn’t feel right the way it ended
The weirdest bit to me is that there's basically no smoke around him whatsoever since the season ended that I can see. It's really odd for a high profile player to just vamoose out of the rumor mill like this.

Anywho, could speculate endlessly. Hopefully wherever/whatever he pops up next is where/what he wants to be doing.

Reactions: b3h
The weirdest bit to me is that there's basically no smoke around him whatsoever since the season ended that I can see. It's really odd for a high profile player to just vamoose out of the rumor mill like this.

Anywho, could speculate endlessly. Hopefully wherever/whatever he pops up next is where/what he wants to be doing.

I think it's very João. He's the epitome of minimum fuss.

He's maybe got some kind of player/coaching role lined up.

Best player I have seen in a Wolves shirt bar none. Bit strange it took him so long to say goodbye but he probably wanted to keep his options open. Unreal we got such a player when we got him and I will forever treasure seeing him score at MUFC. I was surrounded by Utd fans and it was hard to restrain myself. Like others, would love to see him return as part of the coaching team one day.

Seems weird that he ended up with more appearances at Wolves than anywhere else he played, particularly given he was already the wrong side of 30 when he signed. Top player, even if the reality of him was nothing like what 16 year old me envisaged him being from playing Football Manager.

Back