• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves - Japan Moutinho

Was so much more than I ever thought he'd, which considering I had immense expectations of him when we signed is some going. Loved watching him, elegance personified.

I’d think there’s outside influences as the reason for missing the last games, he’s not the sort to throw strops and not play.

I’d think there’s outside influences as the reason for missing the last games, he’s not the sort to throw strops and not play.
Even if he had a deal lined up with another club and they asked him not to play, why was he not even there at the games. That's the weird part for me.

Wonderful, majestic footballer. For those first two years we had no right having him at all, he should've been at Champion's League level. Other than City, he'd have improved everybody in the league.

So many speak of his impact behind the scenes, but his work on the pitch was outstanding, and must've been an honour to play with. Was certainly an honour to watch. I really hope he has success in whatever managerial job he first cuts his teeth with, because the thought of him managing here is certainly romantic.

Obrigado, Joao

Some clown on Facebook posting that he was overrated and that his stats were terrible.
Seriously watch the game and see how he goes about his business and opens things up for other players. I’ve never seen a player in a wolves shirt be so comfortable on the ball under pressure. Problem is he just kept things very simple but did that to the highest of ability.
Having witnessed the likes of O’Hara, Rowe, Jonnson, Saville bimble around the midfield I’ll be eternally grateful we’ve had Jaoa here for 5 years. Said it with Neves but both will be a yard stick that most incoming midfielders will be judged against for years to come.
Been a pleasure to witness that sort of quality and get use to it.

Yeah you'll always get some idiots who don't appreciate what we've got or want to be contrary just for the sake of it.

I know a Wolves fan who has this unwavering ability to always have the wrong opinion when it comes to football and he was slagging off Moutinho as early as his 2nd season.

The Premier League has become a bit too fast and physical for him over the past year or 2 but that doesn't take away from his quality and it certainly doesn't wipe out what came before which was absolutely majestic. He'll be a player that I'll always look back on fondly and, probably unfairly, judge future Wolves central midfielders against.

I think the two 7th place finishes and European tour have made a few of our fans thinking that’s our rightful place in the food chain. Reality is where we’re now is about right and compared to the last 40 years we’re way above the average.

Moutinho is the old cliche of being a few steps ahead of everyone else in his head. Would make good opposition midfielders look silly several times a game just by the way he'd use his body and control the ball

i'm just echoing everyone else but what a fantastic footballer we've had the privilege to watch. having supported Wolves for 40+ years his best, even in his later years, has been streets ahead of what I've been accustomed to during that time (ok i appreciate we've been relatively shite during that period). i don't think I could ever have imagined we could have someone good enough to control an EPL game in the way he was able to, and almost effortlessly. given some of the depths we've come from, this has been fantasy football for us.

Saudi clubs in for him according to Fabrizio Romano.

Nuno trying to get Moutinho to Al Hittihad

Back