• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Neto and Jordao

Those 19 and 20 year olds not playing regularly should be discarded without a second thought. Charlatans the lot of 'em.

Imagine a top team in the Bundesliga paying for a player who has played so little and then demanded a transfer. He must be shit, will never make it. Whathisname? Jadon something or other.

Those 19 and 20 year olds not playing regularly should be discarded without a second thought. Charlatans the lot of 'em.

Imagine a top team in the Bundesliga paying for a player who has played so little and then demanded a transfer. He must be shit, will never make it. Whathisname? Jadon something or other.
Stop talking shite Johnny, if they were halfway decent they'd have walked into the first XI of a small club like SS Lazio at the age of 18. Milinkovic-Savic, who the fuck is he?

Might as well just strip them down for meat at this point...

Nobody knows whether they are good, bad or indifferent but as you say the fees aren't consistent with the background. Sancho went for about £6m off the back of an U17 World Cup win. Neto who's older and has similar first team experience has cost us about £17m, more than Neves at a similar age

I don't think anybody thinks the fees make commercial sense.

My gripe was that Del said there was no footballing merit in it and that's bollocks until you've seen them as Lycan so eloquently put.

I’d prefer to watch them with my own eyes before I totally write them off tbf.

Costa and Cav both moved together twice didn’t they?
Maxwell and Ibrahimovic used to move together constantly. Obviously a scam of some kind.

Nobody knows whether they are good, bad or indifferent but as you say the fees aren't consistent with the background. Sancho went for about £6m off the back of an U17 World Cup win. Neto who's older and has similar first team experience has cost us about £17m more than Neves at a similar age

Sancho was at Dortmund before the U17' World Cup. They called him back mid tournament to play for them.

Sits a little uneasy with me too. Loans yes, let's have them in and see what they've got like plenty of deals we've had in the last few years.

Well put it another way, we just paid a Ruben Neves amount of money for a development player. Look at the difference in profile of the players at their respective points of their careers to players of similar ages transferring. I will gladly eat a big crow pie on this, but currently the more we find out about it the more and more uncomfortable it currently makes me. Hopefully as Johnny says they are the next wave of Vinagre in being promising bit part players, however there is more to indicate they were a Mendes tax than anything. If this was another club I'd be looking suspiciously at it. I find it hard to believe this is what Nuno wanted, it's not even the sort of deal where it looks like we want to make money from developing and selling on, as the initial outlay looks insane.

I don’t understand where it makes financial sense for any party? Is the theory that Mendes can allegedly make his 10% without us directly putting the money in his pocket?

What's the supposed tl;dr on this? Move a big amount to Lazio and get a 'favour' back elsewhere? Why Lazio? Didn't realise the figure was so big and now I'm confused

Firstly none of us know the potential of these two signings.
Secondly, who cares? Fosun have plenty of money, it's their problem if the people they have put in charge waste it, they can always sack them and get someone else in.

One of them is older than Vinagre I have just seen. So the comparisons of signing an 18 year old left back fro 2 million who had played 1 game is already falling over for me.

Maybe we should let the people in charge get on with it and then judge them on their performance. So far, so pretty fucking good imo.
A couple of weeks ago people were fretting that we hadn't signed anybody, now they're fretting that we have. Lol.

Maybe we should let the people in charge get on with it and then judge them on their performance. So far, so pretty fucking good imo.
A couple of weeks ago people were fretting that we hadn't signed anybody, now they're fretting that we have. Lol.

Absolutely this - some people are never happy.

Basically agree with you but it is obvious people are going question why we are spending £20m+ on the 2 lads.

It's like 20 levels above questioning why we spent £3m on Joe Mason

Absolutely this - some people are never happy.

It comes from following The Wolves for so long. I'm one of the most pessimistic bastards on here, but the current owners, management and squad keep proving me wrong. Long may it continue!

Firstly none of us know the potential of these two signings.
Secondly, who cares? Fosun have plenty of money, it's their problem if the people they have put in charge waste it, they can always sack them and get someone else in.

More or less this. We've all been thinking what bargains we've got with (most of) our other signings under Fosun; now we're moaning at a couple that look possibly overpriced? Swings and roundabouts. Look at who's been paying what in the PL this summer - there are plenty of players we wouldn't touch with a barge pole going for silly money. Are they all dodgy too, or is it just the transfer merry-go-round in action (which might well be the same thing, I guess)? I might be a snake-oil salesman's dream, but I'll at least wait and see what develops with this pair before passing judgement.

Somebody somewhere(Jeff maybe?) has said its ok to spend the money on these two,I'd assume they've been scouted,it's not like mendes has just turned up unannounced and said " sign these two players,I need €2.7 million euros now,to buy a new yacht" and we've gone "err ok,here's your money,just as long as you let me have a go on your yacht" I'm guessing Nuno has had input on whether they come here as well

Basically agree with you but it is obvious people are going question why we are spending £20m+ on the 2 lads.

It's like 20 levels above questioning why we spent £3m on Joe Mason

Yep, I get that. We've spent money in dribs and drabs in the past on mediocre players. Since Fosun/Nuno took over they've hardly put a foot wrong both in buying and selling, I'm still not convinced Adama will prove to be a waste of money, although I've been disappointed on his lack of progression.
Time will tell with all of it but the journey we've been on both in results and in the standard of football since Nuno took over has been nothing short of remarkable. You guys that can go every week and be part of it are extremely lucky.

I've said it above but watch the videos as a starter - Neto looks better than Traore, and guess what, he costs slightly more. The other guy costs half that which is very little in today's world of £85m McGuire's.

Back