• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Ruben Neves

Translation:

Its the end of a cycle. 12 years of learning, passion and joy. I leave with the belief its just the player leaving, but what i was before a player i will continue to be: a passionate fan. Thank you for everything, im sure ill be back one day and that until then you will give me many joys. Forever my Porto. Blue and white is the heart.

Loving the "This needs to be investigated" and "FFP?" and "When Mendes leaves Wolves they'll be in trouble" shite coming from all angles!

Translation:

Its the end of a cycle. 12 years of learning, passion and joy. I leave with the belief its just the player leaving, but what i was before a player i will continue todos be: a passionate fan. Thank you for everything, im sure ill be back one day and that until then you will give me many joys. Forever my Porto. Blue and white is the heart.
Thanks SLB.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWR5UHUBi_p/

Don't suppose anybody can translate that?

He is saying bye to Porto.

The end of the beautiful cycle as a player, 12 years of learning, of passion and joy. I leave with the certainty that it is only as a player that I finished our connection, I will continue to be what I was before being a player, a fan in love with you. Thank you for everything, I am sure that one day I will come back and that until then you will not stop giving me joy. FOREVER, MY PORTO. My heart is blue and white

Thanks mate.

It's a huge move for the kid.

Hopefully we will br as professional in settling these players in - benefit is that we have other Portuguese players here which will help

Can't say I've ever read another teams message board/forum. But couldn't care less what they are saying.

I went on footballforums.net championship forum - some Boro fan calling for an investigation and bizarrely a Saint sounded really bitter.

WestBrom.com has actually been reasonably balanced. A bit of "he must be shit" but also plenty of posts begrudgingly admiring the signing as one Pulis would never dream of making for them.

VillaTalk - again calling for an investigation and apparently "our house of cards is about to collapse"

Saves you the read.

Finally found a post to reply to!

Wow, just wow. Never before been genuinely gobsmacked by a signing in 50 years of following our great club.

Onwards and upwards.

UTW

This would probably only ever have been matched had we ever pulled off the Platini deal or if Fergie had rocked up as manager before he went to United.

I went on footballforums.net championship forum - some Boro fan calling for an investigation and bizarrely a Saint sounded really bitter.

WestBrom.com has actually been reasonably balanced. A bit of "he must be $#@!" but also plenty of posts begrudgingly admiring the signing as one Pulis would never dream of making for them.

VillaTalk - again calling for an investigation and apparently "our house of cards is about to collapse"

Saves you the read.

Benfica has been investigated a few times over Mendes transfers (links below before someone calls me a troll or worse) but so far so good.

http://www.cmjornal.pt/desporto/imprimir/negocio-de-roberto-leva-pj-a-fazer-buscas-no-estadio-da-luz

http://observador.pt/2016/09/12/ana-gomes-pede-investigacao-a-negocio-do-benfica-no-paraguai/

http://desporto.sapo.mz/futebol/pri...az-buscas-nas-sad-de-sporting-benfica-e-braga

PJ is Portugal's CIA for those wondering.

Thanks for the links - I shall take a look

I would be fairly shocked if Mendes actually ever got into trouble. He is power. I would rather be on the right side of it and seeing our side improve beyond my dreams than be on the outside bitterly gnashing my teeth and moaning about how unfair the world is. As we are now (I hope) your second team, you can see how the Mendes association works for us. IF we get promoted I think it will actually be a different model to what you see at Benfica because of the huge Premier League TV deal, although even at my most optimistic I still would struggle to see us challenging the top of the top flight here. The level of investment to break into our Champions League places (bar the Leicester miracle) is just staggering.

Saying that, there is the reason why our media are moaning about us. And wanting us to fail. Because they want the top six to stay roughly the same cosy club, with the only possible exceptions that they want to come and join that party being probably Newcastle and West Ham.

WestBrom.com has actually been reasonably balanced. A bit of "he must be shit" but also plenty of posts begrudgingly admiring the signing as one Pulis would never dream of making for them.

Saves you the read.
Cheers mate. Always enjoy having a matter with home fans over a pint when at an away game.

Thanks for the links - I shall take a look

I would be fairly shocked if Mendes actually ever got into trouble. He is power. I would rather be on the right side of it and seeing our side improve beyond my dreams than be on the outside bitterly gnashing my teeth and moaning about how unfair the world is. As we are now (I hope) your second team, you can see how the Mendes association works for us. IF we get promoted I think it will actually be a different model to what you see at Benfica because of the huge Premier League TV deal, although even at my most optimistic I still would struggle to see us challenging the top of the top flight here. The level of investment to break into our Champions League places (bar the Leicester miracle) is just staggering.

Saying that, there is the reason why our media are moaning about us. And wanting us to fail. Because they want the top six to stay roughly the same cosy club, with the only possible exceptions that they want to come and join that party being probably Newcastle and West Ham.

Welcome. But the trouble is not only in the small leagues with little money. He is also investigated in spain:

http://www.sabado.pt/desporto/detalhe/jorge-mendes-investigado-pelo-fisco-espanhol

http://desporto.sapo.pt/futebol/int.../23/investigacoes-a-jogadores-de-jorge-mendes

And even at european level:

http://www.maisfutebol.iol.pt/giann...o-parlamento-europeu-devido-aos-panama-papers

http://www.tvi24.iol.pt/economia/pa...rates-portas-e-jorge-mendes-podem-ser-ouvidos

It seems to me that the Spanish authorities are trying to have a crackdown. Messi fined, Ronaldo being challenged. The thing is, Real are still tied up with the King (obviously) so the authorities are hardly going to upset that apple cart, and nobody really fucks with Barcelona. The transfer embargoes that have ever been applied have always been delayed for one window to allow them to go batshit mental and get loads of players in before the ban bites.

Mendes is almost untouchable really. Al Capone. And Al Capone seems to be on our side.

It seems to me that the Spanish authorities are trying to have a crackdown. Messi fined, Ronaldo being challenged. The thing is, Real are still tied up with the King (obviously) so the authorities are hardly going to upset that apple cart, and nobody really $#@!s with Barcelona. The transfer embargoes that have ever been applied have always been delayed for one window to allow them to go bat$#@! mental and get loads of players in before the ban bites.

Mendes is almost untouchable really. Al Capone. And Al Capone seems to be on our side.

Well Al Capone didnt have a long life...

Oh and my "second club" is Torino who we have a strong link with. But wolves are among my fav clubs in Europe along with Hajduk Split, Saint Ettiene, Spartak, Kobehaven, and a few more. But my fav in England for sure.

WestBrom.com has actually been reasonably balanced. A bit of "he must be $#@!" but also plenty of posts begrudgingly admiring the signing as one Pulis would never dream of making for them.

Saves you the read.

Same bullshit from Villa fans as usual then, really starting to dislike them as much as blues fans.

They spent many years thinking we were beneath their notice and now we are at least even, and today suggests we are actually ahead, and they don't like it.

Enjoy giving £100k a week to a 36-year-old Mr Xia...

Just been scrolling through his Instagram account and come across a video of his partner in her pants holding her puppies.

IMG_1696.jpg

She is rather heavily pregnant just at the moment, but still that suggests she is one of God's better efforts...

Back