• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Ryan Bennett

He was about seven times that...

Also did next to bugger all in his first season for us.

Injured though I thought?

Up to Xmas last year I would have said Bonatini was the bargain of the century.

Actually yes £600k rings a bell. Still cheap though.

Injured though I thought?

Up to Xmas last year I would have said Bonatini was the bargain of the century.

Leo was in the first incursion as we didn't really pay for him - when we paid money suspect that it was due to not signing anyone else so he was an insurance backup & no more than that

100 Premier League games for Ryan Bennett.

7a43be95aff1761659aa0308c312b716.jpg

273fe33d3856a6c30e491c4f7488793b.jpg

I think it's safe to say he has done better than any of us expected when he came from Norwich for nothing. Looked like a hangover from Lambert's sacking and just a 4th/5th choice backup.

Looked that way for his first three months here. Then Rodders/Batth had a mare at QPR and in he came.

I thought he was excellent on Sunday. As first choice I would now go with Saiss/Coady/Boly but Benno still has a big role to play.

The way a certain section of our fanbase have targeted him this season has totally baffled me. I mean, how many major mistakes has he made in his time with us? Never really let us down. He’s done nothing short of brilliant for us. And he cost nothing.

I was completely underwhelmed when we signed him, thought he was gunna be a shitter version of Batth....how wrong can you be. Personally think he's been class, made the odd mistake, who the fuck hasn't? but he's very consistant, good, traditional defender (think he has added some quality to his distribution actually) hope he's here for some time. Saiss will probably come back in when fit, will probably be uprated at some stage but in the meantime happy for him to be first backup and first choice when required.

Both he and Ruddy looked like lazy Lambert signings which we felt obliged to honour. Both have done way better than I thought at the time.

Norwich gave us Bennett and Ruddy. We gave them Moxey. Let that sink in.

Cheers Beano.

Always a fun read this thread.

A solid enough signing and one which improves our squad (i.e. He's better than the departed Stearman & Williamson).

Not a signing to get the juices flowing, but we'll need players like this over the course of a season.

Jinkathon nailing it back in the day. What has happened since then young man....a sad decline

Jinkathon nailing it back in the day. What has happened since then young man....a sad decline
Yeah but Jinky will always have an affinity for any player that would get into a Mick McCarthy team.

From what I have seen of Kilman I am not unduly worried but a massive contribution from Ryan Bennett in recent times. He will never have to buy a pint in Wolverhampton that's for sure.

From what I have seen of Kilman I am not unduly worried but a massive contribution from Ryan Bennett in recent times. He will never have to buy a pint in Wolverhampton that's for sure.

Can't fault him.
He'd look the part in a late '60's early '70's round neck collar shirt as well! Sad to see him go personally.

Back