• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Ryan Bennett

Jota WAS poor in the first half. More than one person said he was having a mare. He improved greatly in the second half though, same as last week.

Jota WAS poor in the first half. More than one person said he was having a mare. He improved greatly in the second half though, same as last week.

He really wasn't poor. Smalling played very well up against Jota and those comments were after 20 odd minutes. Ridiculous. He was good second half and noticeably upped his work rate and movement off the ball.

Personally thought Jota was atrocious in the first half but better in the second (although still not great).

I'm still not against dropping him as I don't know what else to do to get his head right; one good match against a shocking Burnley side is hardly compelling me to change my mind.

Talking out my ass. Fuck off. He hasn't been good enough so far. That's my opinion. You're welcome to disagree.

He wasn't very good against Everton (although he did force the red card) and he gave the ball away for both Leicester goals (for which he got hooked). That's about it in terms of outright negatives.

Who are you suggesting we drop him for, Adama? I don't think so.

Adama, Cav when he's fit, even Morgan. A message has to be sent somehow, IMO. I don't see that Jota has added anything to the team so far this season. Costa has come along which is good to see, at least.

Well, we can't pick Cav (or at least haven't been able to up to now), he isn't fit. Adama wasn't fit and still isn't really ready for a starting role because he does a lot of stupid things. You would really have MGW over Jota? To send a "message"?

Jota was fantastic vs Burnley and equally fantastic in the second half on Saturday. A massive part of what we did vs City as well.

He certainly wasn’t fucking atrocious. Off the boil yes, atrocious? Nowhere near. And look at his performance in the second half, he was fucking class. So yeah, let’s drop him for someone who doesn’t even play in that position.

I don't know what you guys see when you watch him, but I sure don't see it.

Well for a start vs City you wouldn't have seen the insane amount of effort he put in.

Personally thought Jota was atrocious in the first half but better in the second (although still not great).

I'm still not against dropping him as I don't know what else to do to get his head right; one good match against a shocking Burnley side is hardly compelling me to change my mind.

Talking out my ass. Fuck off. He hasn't been good enough so far. That's my opinion. You're welcome to disagree.

Yep, talking out your ass. You clearly are learning about a game that is alien to you up till a few years ago so why not ask some of the more learned people on this site* rather than come across as you know when you clearly don't. Whilst age is no indicator of knowledge there are some right knowledgeable bastards on here who have seen an awful lot in 30+ years of watching football.

*for the avoidance of doubt I don't mean me.

Yep, talking out your ass. You clearly are learning about a game that is alien to you up till a few years ago so why not ask some of the more learned people on this site* rather than come across as you know when you clearly don't. Whilst age is no indicator of knowledge there are some right knowledgeable bastards on here who have seen an awful lot in 30+ years of watching football.

*for the avoidance of doubt I don't mean me.

No need for that. Just because you (and I) don't agree with an opinion doesn't mean someone is not entitled to a different view.

Hello its the Ryan Bennett thread calling!!

Ryan Bennett Yeah the thread is about him. No one knew he could/would develop as he has. He is one of our most consistent performers and IMO has looked every inch like he should be here (EPL that is).
So well done Ryan Bennett!

Now I am in such a good mood I am not going to be negative. I hope he has a stonker of a season plays 40 games for a team with the best defensive record in 2017\18 and ends up player of the season. Welcome to wolves Ryan. You caught me on a good day

Which he did 1 and came close to doing 2 and has carried on douing this season contrary to all expectations. Cracking signing as it turned out.

No need for that. Just because you (and I) don't agree with an opinion doesn't mean someone is not entitled to a different view.

Nobody wants an echo chamber. Being told to fuck off and then not qualifying your opinion does grate with me, but because it's Alan people give him a pass. At least others on the matchday thread qualified their opinions.

Nobody wants an echo chamber. Being told to fuck off and then not qualifying your opinion does grate with me, but because it's Alan people give him a pass. At least others on the matchday thread qualified their opinions.
True, but we shouldn't expect everyone to just accept others' opinions because they have more experience.

True, but we shouldn't expect everyone to just accept others' opinions because they have more experience.

Fair point, experience is no indication of wisdom. We've all heard the old guy behind us lamenting how football was great in their day and thought they were an idiot.

Deutsch seems the most knowledgeable on here but it's fine to disagree with him. You just have to accept your punishment beating from him in the pub before the next home match.

There are only a select few on here I would ever deign to tell to fuck off. Amazingly, being told you're "talking out of your ass" doesn't foster a healthy discussion. Imagine that.

There are only a select few on here I would ever deign to tell to fuck off. Amazingly, being told you're "talking out of your ass" doesn't foster a healthy discussion. Imagine that.

You shouldn't be telling anybody to fuck off.

Back