• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Ryan Bennett

You shouldn't be telling anybody to $#@! off.

Yeah Alan, that's rude. I don't know how things are over there, but in Blighty, we hold ourselves to a higher standard.

Pre match tea on Saturday, Johnny75?

Tea and crumpets is a spiffing idea Pablo.

I'm afraid for Mark I'm married so he can stop flirting now.

Everybody is entitled to their opinions on a forum even if you dont agree, no need to be rude to fellow wolvesfans(or any other human for that sake)

I'm bumping this thread for 2 reasons.

1. I read it back and it's fucking funny :icon_lol:

2. Now he has a new deal! So has there ever been a player whose arrival was so underwhelming who has gone on to become such a massive success? I can't recall a Wolves player making so many fans put their hands up and say 'fair play - I was wrong about him' before. I definitely include myself in that.

Ryan Bennett is deservedly a Premier League regular for a top half side, and makes so few mistakes - who could have ever predicted that?!

2. Now he has a new deal! So has there ever been a player whose arrival was so underwhelming who has gone on to become such a massive success? I can't recall a Wolves player making so many fans put their hands up and say 'fair play - I was wrong about him' before. I definitely include myself in that.

Ryan Bennett is deservedly a Premier League regular for a top half side, and makes so few mistakes - who could have ever predicted that?!

Conor Coady?

Conor Coady?

Possibly, but I don't think people expected Coady to be 6th choice when he signed! Plus the fact that he cost a fair bit of money originally. I'd put Coady in the Jody Craddock bracket of improving to a ridiculous degree - indeed, far more so than Jody did.

TBF its like most of the stuff on here:
People venting their opinions as fact and getting egg all over their faces.
People abusing each other for having a different opinion.
Plus the mandatory off topic stuff that goes on and on.
...........and of course Frank was allowed which made for even more tedious discourse.

But yes Ryan Bennett has surpassed not only expectations but hopes any of us could have reasonably had by miles. He surpassed some peoples expectations by light years but I'm sure we are all delighted because no-one predicted this level for him. (so we were all under ambitious)

I felt from the start that Fosun would get us where they said and so far we are on the way. Ryan has played his part along with others (whose thread this is not)

TBF its like most of the stuff on here:
People venting their opinions as fact and getting egg all over their faces.
People abusing each other for having a different opinion.
Plus the mandatory off topic stuff that goes on and on.
...........and of course Frank was allowed which made for even more tedious discourse.

But yes Ryan Bennett has surpassed not only expectations but hopes any of us could have reasonably had by miles. He surpassed some peoples expectations by light years but I'm sure we are all delighted because no-one predicted this level for him. (so we were all under ambitious)

Wouldn't it be funny to have a Hall of Shame, where after a suitable period of time peoples posts are resurrected to haunt them, The Gary Rowett love in, the Hasselbaink and Solskjaer suggestions and we'll never get promoted without Mancienne (I think that last one was Deutsch ?? :) )

Ironic that Lambert's best two legacies Bennett and Ruddy weren't officially signed by him.

In terms of uninspiring signings proving us wrong the only one I can think of on anything like a similar platform would be Big Chris. Although in reality his star only shone for 3/4 months it was that period which ultimately got us promoted.

Pretty sure people weren't climbing the walls at us spending £100k on an out of contract Stoke midfielder back in 2006, but Karl Henry captained us to promotion and was good for us in the PL for two years.

Sid Cowans if we're going further back.

As I recall Henry was treated as a meh rather than a shit signing. At a time when we needed bodies he provided one. Obviously he went on to provide much more than that.

On a similar vein to Sid, Mickey Gray exceeded expectations of a player whose best days were past him.

Dean Sturridge was low key as well. Couldn't get a kick for a terrible Leicester team and we already had loads of strikers. Only £350k as well.

Brilliant for a while.

Dunno, i remember there being a bit of buzz about Kightly when he joined - weren't people saying Utd looked at him.

Norwich gave us Bennett and Ruddy. We gave them Moxey.

Striking business.

Not to anywhere the same extent as some of the above, but what looked like a panic loan on the last day of the window of a totally crap footballer turned out to be quite an effective squad player when we got N'diaye last season.

With the disappointment over the Locadia transfer falling through, people were scathing.

Kightly? Not exactly a fanfare arrival.

Maybe not, but no one expected him to be crap either. With Bennett, damned near everyone thought we'd bought total dross.

Wasn't fussed about the Bennett signing either way as he didn't have a transfer fee & expected him to be no more than a squad back up last season & then sold if we got promoted.

He's proved more capable than that & as almost the only player we have who had played in the PL before has proved his worth. He will get overtaken by someone else in the not too distant future, but it has proved that Norwich fans don't know their ass from their elbow, which is always pleasing

Dean Sturridge was low key as well. Couldn't get a kick for a terrible Leicester team and we already had loads of strikers. Only £350k as well.

Brilliant for a while.
Way back when you could have goal alerts texted to you for about 50p, Sturridge used to destroy my pay as you go balance every Saturday. Great times

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Brilliant for a while.

sturridge was the one who popped into my head.
usually as wolves fans we expected a constant stream of the last piece of the jigsaw. the volume of fanfare signings who haven't lived up to the hype is much higher.

Jarvis for £100k from Gillingham. I don't remember any excitement around that one.

Back