• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Welcome to Wolves Ryan Bennett

I think Bennett has been outstanding. Much like Matt Doherty, a player who is making the absolute most of his talent and who has come on leaps and bounds - and then some more leaps and bounds - under Nuno and his team

At what point do you become a full blown wanker by quoting and then claiming greatness of your own posts?

Been a fair bit lately.
Is there genuinely any need for this?

And to think you get all upset when people call you a WUM.

In other news, Kevin Thelwell shows how fucking shite he is at his job by living up to his own shit standard.

That is on Fosun and for that I agree with you Frank, it is a serious mistake on their part. Not impressed keeping this sack of absolute shit.

To be fair it’s much more fun quoting your comments and seeing how outrageously wrong one person can be.

To be fair it’s much more fun quoting your comments and seeing how outrageously wrong one person can be.

I still think Thelwell isn't a very good DoF I don't see that changing.

I'm not the first or last to change my opinion on Bennett, no question I was wrong on that and I'm delighted at being so wrong about him. He's been great.

Self congratulation is embarrassing, and that's me being polite. So yes, there's every need to pull people up for full wanker behaviour IMO of course.

Quite happy with my initial comment in this thread, when I compare it to some of the other posts on the first couple of pages.

Needless to say, Ryan has performed above and beyond all of our expectations. He’s been brilliant. Plus he seems like a top bloke.

Just because you were wrong then doesn't make you right now! It wasn't because you saw potential in Bennett to become a mainstay in a PL team at right sided CB that you made your original comment, it was because you thought he could "do a job" (copyright Mick McCarthy). This was the same mentality that led to us signing players like Greg Halford.

It's great that Bennett has proved us all wrong by adapting his game to Nuno's style, but let's not pretend he is the same player that we signed.

Just because you were wrong then doesn't make you right now! It wasn't because you saw potential in Bennett to become a mainstay in a PL team at right sided CB that you made your original comment, it was because you thought he could "do a job" (copyright Mick McCarthy). This was the same mentality that led to us signing players like Greg Halford.

It's great that Bennett has proved us all wrong by adapting his game to Nuno's style, but let's not pretend he is the same player that we signed.
Wasn't suggesting for a second that I had said we were signing a world class centre half when he was announced. Just that I could see the sense in bringing him in and that he added to the experience of the squad. It was a much more reasoned reaction to the signing than a lot of the early pages of this thread. I was hardly "self congratulating" myself like Johnny suggested!

But yes, he's gone on to perform at a much higher level than any of us could have imagined. Says a lot about the coaching staff and Nuno that they've turned Coady and Bennett in to the players they are. As well as improving massively as players, they seem to have superb characters & attitudes which has no doubt helped.

Wasn't suggesting for a second that I had said we were signing a world class centre half when he was announced. Just that I could see the sense in bringing him in and that he added to the experience of the squad. It was a much more reasoned reaction to the signing than a lot of the early pages of this thread. I was hardly "self congratulating" myself like Johnny suggested!

But yes, he's gone on to perform at a much higher level than any of us could have imagined. Says a lot about the coaching staff and Nuno that they've turned Coady and Bennett in to the players they are. As well as improving massively as players, they seem to have superb characters & attitudes which has no doubt helped.

Digging out old posts to say you were 'quite happy with your comments' is self congratulatory and embarrassing.

Should be a flogging offence, or at least spend a night with Glasgo in his bar telling you how Garth Crooks only has a job because of quotas.

How about getting him to re-type his matchday thread comments in the cold light of day and attempt to justify them :icon_lol:

Digging out old posts to say you were 'quite happy with your comments' is self congratulatory and embarrassing.

Should be a flogging offence, or at least spend a night with Glasgo in his bar telling you how Garth Crooks only has a job because of quotas.

giphy.gif

Hey, I have flounced out of matchday threads for the foreseeable, no point in heat of the moment snap judgements. They always look bad in time :)

Hey, I have flounced out of matchday threads for the foreseeable, no point in heat of the moment snap judgements. They always look bad in time :)

Don't worry about DW & Johnny. They're just willy waving! I was very positive with the majority of my comments at the weekend (and I think that's the one where you left early doors :icon_lol:). There may have been one observational comment about Jota giving the ball away a fair bit in the first half - but then he did, so that's fair game.

I do agree, in general the matchday threads can be quite negative.

Can't even remember what / who prompted me to do one, but there was some comment along the lines that Jota should be dropped because he has been shite all season. That's clearly tosh especailly after playing so well against burnley.

No doubt someone will dig out my playoff prediction for last season and relegation prediction for the season before. I will also be predicting relegation this season at some point :)

Can't even remember what / who prompted me to do one, but there was some comment along the lines that Jota should be dropped because he has been shite all season. That's clearly tosh especailly after playing so well against burnley.

No doubt someone will dig out my playoff prediction for last season and relegation prediction for the season before. I will also be predicting relegation this season at some point :)

Any one of these?

Jota has been awful

Once again Jota having a poor first half.

The longer this goes on, the more clearly I think Jota needs to be dropped. He's the only one having a bad game out there today (so far). But it's a doozy of a mare.

Not like my favourite American and salad cream fan to be talking out of their arses.

I'd have said Jota was 6/10 in the first half and 9/10 in the second half. He only really annoyed me when he didn't take a shot on from about 25 yards out when it sat up perfectly and there weren't any other options anywhere near him.

But tbh, I don't really comment on matchday threads as a rule. Obviously don't bother at home games (couldn't even if I wanted to with the state of our 4G - it's always a lottery whether Whatsapp messages get through), I think the only time I've commented this year was during HT at Leicester when Del was bizarrely claiming Doherty couldn't do anything about the OG. I mean seriously, that kind of nonsense can't go unchallenged.

I think Jota lacks a bit of last seasons confidence. He got caught on the ball in the first few games and has taken an easy decision a couple of times when last season he would have taken the shot or committed a defender but the second half he did just that (and against Burnley too).

When he gets his confidence back I think he'll be every bit as good as Costa was on Saturday, our Eden Hazard if you like.

I definitely think he needs to shoot a bit more. Last season he was arguably too selfish at time, this season he seems to be always waiting for an option / trying to beat another player rather than just going for a shot

To a degree think that the step up in quality of the Premier League has affected Jota & Costa to an extent (& to a lesser degree Neves, though the defence seems unfazed by it particularly Boly)

The players who have stood out for me are the new signings (Moutinho, Jonny, Jiminez & Patricio)

Jota is starting to get it though Costa appears ahead of him in his development at this point - they can both improve as they gain experience & fully expect them to do so.

We are creating, but not scoring massive amounts yet, but you can see the improvements coming game on game. As long as we keep our defensive shape (so far only Liverpool/Chelsea & Man City have conceded fewer goals than us though there are one or two others on the same total) then they have time to get to the point that they have fully acclimatised.

Back