• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Ham 1-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I’m certainly not going to conflict with anyones post about todays game as I understand or agree totally with most.
Lets not kid ourselves irrespective of the Spurs and Leicester results, the last five games have been a leveller for us cuz we caught Spurs on a bad day and we weren’t that good last weekend, which generally put us on a high with the 6 points from 9 and flirting with a dream.
This week has been a reality check and if Bruno can’t see our frailties no one can, the selection today is on him and I’ll never criticise him for that because he knows the reasons behind it. Doesn’t excuse some of the performances though that were crap and the culprits need a hard look in the mirror and step up quick as they’re running out of games to impress, and others need to stop the pissy flicks and tricks, they can fuck right off!
Coming down off the ceiling, equally the next five games ‘could’ be more a definition of our season as much as the last five as Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham and Man U all have tricky fixtures, so it’s not all over.
Big month coming up and whilst I know it’s gonna be a tough ask we still have a quarter of a season to go
Bad week yes, bad month probably, but we have to stay positive for the remaining games. When all said an done would we have taken 8th on 40 points at this stage of the season?…too fickin right you would!
COYW

I agree with 99% of Johnny
Bruno Lambert can get in the bin if he thinks that's good football and how we should play.

He had such a good January but it seems we have achieved 40 points and he's gone to shit.

This tiptap in our own areas from GK's before handing it long to an isolated frontman is nothing short of 1980's Graham Taylor/ Wimbledon stuff. Bypassing our midfield or asking Neves to come back onto Coady's toes is a criminal use of one of the best midfielders in the league.

I'm glad we didn't buy a big lump up front on the summer and watch this type of football, is fucking rubbish and is bound to get you relegated.

If we play like we did for the last 20 minutes when we went Hasenhuttl's 4-2-2-2 then I wouldn't be unhappy about that. It suited Donk and Neves much better.

Darlo's formation would work for me.

Don't think I ever want to see Marçal, Hoever or Trincao in a Wolves shirt again. Absolute rubbish. Saiss doesn't look anywhere near that player since he's gone back from AFCON so if be letting him go too. Thought Coady and Kilman aired themselves well in a 4. Much better than when they were in a three where they were shite today.

May as well have a go now and try to score some goals.

If Bruno persists with long ball shit then I'd be happy to see him sacked next week. Big March ahead for him.
I agree with most of this, only to say that long ball/route one would be okay as it would be a clear plan. You don’t go long ball though if your target man refuses to head a ball after a life threatening injury or if he’s a child*
*I actually thought Fabio did alright today but it’s all relative

Fuck off with a long winded 'I told you so'.

It makes you look a ....
How the fuck is that I told you so ? You need to cool your jets bud.

however do feel free to comment if you think any of that post is inaccurate . We stank the place out today .

Think that's too harsh, we have seen worse performances than that against West Ham since we have been back in the Prem for a start.

Under Nuno we had one or two games at most but this is the worst I've seen us play under Bruno.

It was as poor a performance and tactical style as I can remember. Reminded me of some of the MM performances when he's lost it.

How the fuck is that I told you so ? You need to cool your jets bud.

however do feel free to comment if you think any of that post is inaccurate . We stank the place out today .
It's the same stuff you repeat over and over packaged up as 'I expected that'.

Which is 'I told you so' in other words.

Boris Johnson is always telling people how right he is too.

It's the same stuff you repeat over and over packaged up as 'I expected that'.

Which is 'I told you so' in other words.

Boris Johnson is always telling people how right he is too.
Okay. Ever thought that I might be then 🤣😂🤣🤣🤣

Of which I’m one, but don’t tell me that was acceptable and it’s not the first time recently
We've been crap to watch for the majority of the season.

Look at November/December - Palace, Norwich, Burnley, Liverpool, City and Chelsea. Six games, two of them against teams anchored in the bottom three at the time, did we have 10 shots on target across them? Not sure we did.

Even some of the better performances like Everton, we've only really played for one half. A few wins where nearly or every shot on target we've had has gone in. Those first three games (all lost, 0 scored) have attained mythical proportions, yet we didn't work the keeper that much in any of them (De Gea was the busiest, but it's not like he pulled off a string of superb saves).

He's done OK but I've never bought this 'change of style'. We aren't anything like as good to watch as we were in 2018/19 or 2019/20.

Abject. The kindest thing I can think of to say is that the replacements were no worse than those who played at Arsenal. Silva offered more, in fact, than Raul has over the past couple of games, but unfortunately that's just a better version of zero.

I’ve watched (I’m in bed poorly) four games this weekend. A Welsh Premier game, 2 x PL games inc ours and a Scottish game. In only one did the result matter to me - but all of the others had me more interested than ours. Boring, sterile, predictable and safe.
The changes, performances and missed opportunity of the last two games feels like the Arsenal semi final in 98

Just on the train going home - firstly, let me say I never want to watch football in a place like that again……horrible, soulless place where the away end was - basically - a temporary stand next to a big stage.

The atmosphere was awful and I used to go to Upton Park……how sad it must be for old West Ham fans to go to that Westfield shit hole every week……I couldn’t do it.

The game was boring and we were toothless. I am beginning to get sick of writing it. We were done before we started - if that version of Hoever is better than Jonny…….well, Jonny must still be on crutches.

Trincao is weak as piss, Fabio is championship quality and Saiss has a fuck up in him….

What is there we didn’t know?

The frustrating part for me isn’t watching Wolves lose - I’ve spent most of my life doing that.

The frustration is about the missed opportunities - West Ham were bang average today, Arsenal were only a little better in the week and we’ve blown our dreams.

Nuno says dreaming is for free, but I’ve even stopped dreaming now.

It was on though. It really was. And now it’s not.

I guess that’s being a Wolves fan.

We've been crap to watch for the majority of the season.

Look at November/December - Palace, Norwich, Burnley, Liverpool, City and Chelsea. Six games, two of them against teams anchored in the bottom three at the time, did we have 10 shots on target across them? Not sure we did.

Even some of the better performances like Everton, we've only really played for one half. A few wins where nearly or every shot on target we've had has gone in. Those first three games (all lost, 0 scored) have attained mythical proportions, yet we didn't work the keeper that much in any of them (De Gea was the busiest, but it's not like he pulled off a string of superb saves).

He's done OK but I've never bought this 'change of style'. We aren't anything like as good to watch as we were in 2018/19 or 2019/20.
I think I made a comment at the time about us not having proactive forward players or something similar. I do think that Bruno has tried to implement a more positive approach, just the players he has at his disposal are not the right ones. In a team that doesn’t score many, we have a group of players that individually have terrible strike rates.

There's a geezer on the Judah post match stuff saying I'd rather watch that than be in league 1. Now he's at the game so clearly a dyed in the wool fan, but at what point do we move away from that mentality? Yes, I was there when we were shit, even shitter than that, but we have to judge things from where we are at not where we have been.

Last edited:
I appreciate we are trying to bed Neto back in slowly - but I feel like he needs to be starting from here on in. If he makes it through an hour - great. If it’s only 45 minutes, so be it. But we can’t rely on goals from anyone else, really (I include Raul in that). Podence needs to be starting every game too.

We have a problem in that I think Bruno really likes Hwang, so he’ll get shoe-horned in wherever possible, but we’d almost be better playing Neto-Raul-Podence, or one of those two off Raul with three in the middle.

We looked alright a few weeks back when Neves was playing more advanced but for the last two games he’s been holding hands with Coady again. Why?

I think I made a comment at the time about us not having proactive forward players or something similar. I do think that Bruno has tried to implement a more positive approach, just the players he has at his disposal are not the right ones. In a team that doesn’t score many, we have a group of players that individually have terrible strike rates.
I’m starting to move away from that logic. We’ve got more quality in depth up front and an improved Neves than 2 or 3 years ago but I’ve not seen them look (for more than 45 mins) like they have a coherent plan, any conviction or any understanding. That’s on the coach for me.

Its like saying League One was fine because we were in Division Four once upon a time.

If you don't move forward then inevitably you will get overtaken and fall behind. Playing like that will get us closer to League One than we are now.

The way we have performed since going 1-0 up against Arsenal makes me wonder if we’re actively trying not to qualify for Europe.

Especially given the line up today.

Trincao doesn’t look like he gives a shit in being here or succeeding. I’d rather we packed him back off to Barca and got someone else in who actually cares and wants to try and tackle/do something productive. Been a while since I’ve seen a cowardly performance of that level in a Wolves shirt.
Trincao is such a pansy.

Back