• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Ham 1-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

That performance and result is on Bruno. Football by fear, why for Christ's sake? We're not going down. Just fucking go out and play football! Before all that, pick your best fucking XI! Hoever shit! Jota goes for him! Trincao shit! Adama goes for him! Worse of all, again, Dendonkey! How on earth he's stealing a living at our club, I just don't know! Where was Moutinho today? Where was Podence today? Where was Cundle today? All three would have been better options to start today. Crap load of bollox. Only saving grace, we helped West Ham in their quest for a top 4 spot, which, as not a member of the "Sky Super 6" club is something to celebrate, should it happen. It won't though cos the trump cards of VAR and dodgy refs will no doubt be brought into play if that becomes a real possibility. Back to us though, shit, shit and more shit.

Fabio - the one bright spot today.
Depends what you want, I guess.

If you want a striker that’s never going to score in a million years - but chases around like a puppy dog chasing a balloon - you’ve got your guy.

Ironically, I thought Raul did more in his 10 minutes this afternoon than he did in the whole of the last two games.

If you want a striker that’s never going to score in a million years - but chases around like a puppy dog chasing a balloon - you’ve got your guy.

Ironically, I thought Raul did more in his 10 minutes this afternoon than he did in the whole of the last two games.
Agreed. Can't even remember the last time Silva looked like scoring a goal. He will finish this season with 0 goals. Complete waste of time.

Bruno Lage

“We arrived in February with 40 points and our fans are talking about Champions League, and the real teams who have that goal because they invest a lot is teams like West Ham and Arsenal."

See, I’m all for him firing shots at Jeff Shi. But I’m not sure the right time is straight after serving up that dross today.

We’ve got 6 days until our next match. Play your best side - or at worst, make a couple of changes. Wrong side, wrong tactics. Bar Semedo, he’s also got a full strength squad.

We don’t have the squad to score in 433. Maybe next year……

That is pretty unfair. He does need to score but he went close a couple of times which is more than can be said for the rest of the bunch. He was also pivotal in setting up Hwang’s hopeless attempt to score.

Bruno Lage

“We arrived in February with 40 points and our fans are talking about Champions League, and the real teams who have that goal because they invest a lot is teams like West Ham and Arsenal."

See, I’m all for him firing shots at Jeff Shi. But I’m not sure the right time is straight after serving up that dross today.

We’ve got 6 days until our next match. Play your best side - or at worst, make a couple of changes. Wrong side, wrong tactics. Bar Semedo, he’s also got a full strength squad.
It's bollocks anyway. West Ham have barely made a first team signing in over a year.

Bruno Lage

West ham made two larger signings in Zouma and Vlassic but otherwise I wouldn't equate them to investing recently, they sold Haller for example and have the same issue with Antonio that we do with Jiminez that the drop off from him to the backup is significant.

We don’t have the squad to score in 433. Maybe next year……
We don't have the squad to score in any formation. Our second best goal scorer plays for Liverpool. The best one is still finding his way..

It is if the other bits don't work because of it.
I think the other bits don't work because we have shite like Hwang and Trincao playing in it. Neto and Podence make the difference.

Our foundation this season has been the back 3/5 plus keeper, i wouldn't be so quick to change it, it is just 2 games, 2 tough games away from home.

We can play with 3 at the back and still be more attacking.

I think the other bits don't work because we have shite like Hwang and Trincao playing in it. Neto and Podence make the difference.

Our foundation this season has been the back 3/5 plus keeper, i wouldn't be so quick to change it, it is just 2 games, 2 tough games away from home.

We can play with 3 at the back and still be more attacking.
I agree with your last line but the manager doesn't. It's up to him to get a tune out of the players. He did in January but February has seen dismal long ball tactics which we haven't seen to date.

Unless that changes we won't be scoring many goals

I agree with your last line but the manager doesn't. It's up to him to get a tune out of the players. He did in January but February has seen dismal long ball tactics which we haven't seen to date.

Unless that changes we won't be scoring many goals
Agreed, I think someone put it right when they said we have imposter syndrome. Before we were playing with a lot less fear, but as soon as achieving something has been put on the table it feels like some of the players, and the manager have shit theirselves.

I guess i am placing a hell of a lot of hope that Neto will really make a huge difference.

Back