• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Ham (A) 1/10: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very big on the keeper principle that getting beat at your near post is a phrase coined by pundits and outfield players that don't understand, and that it's a bit of a misnomer. And yet that was poor keeping, far too flat-footed and unaware.

Don`t care what cock-eyed system he`s playing or what he`s telling them what to do, the players need to look at themselves. Some poor performances out there.

Jonny and Neves fuck up clearances, Traore mincing at a fake pressure, ran done by a bounce and then not anticipating bowen will cut in, Neves in a poor position and Sa done at the near post.
First decent team goal we've been involved in for ages?

If it wasn't for Costa coming on I'd be turning this off.

Don`t care what cock-eyed system he`s playing or what he`s telling them what to do, the players need to look at themselves. Some poor performances out there.
You wouldn't expect a blindfolded man to make his way out of a maze very gracefully. That's essentially what Bruno's tactics have turned our players into.

I’m conflicted between wanting Costa to come on and do well but also wanting this absolute clown of a manger sacked ASAP.

Sacking Lage tonight probably won’t make any difference to the result against Chelsea but would make a win versus Forest much more likely.

Mark is a Wolves fan, by any metric. Watches every Wolves game including the pre season games played by kids and spends hours on a Wolves messageboard. I'm not sure what his thing is maybe some kind of personality disorder?
I follow them rather than support them, I have no investment in the club of any sort, results have no impact on me.

That's the big distinction for me, I'll watch most games (not all and often it's just background to be honest) but once it's done I don't really care, I enjoy the analysis of performances and tactics but results, who cares. That's why there's such disparity in reactions, you guys all have a whole other factor to care about that doesn't even register with me. It's the emotions that come with it that really confound me though, the level to which some of you appear to be affected by something so irrelevant, the displeasure you seem to get from such banal events.

Let's not bother with Adama again under Lage. Not interested in the slightest and hasn't been all season. That isn't a Lage comment particularly as I don't know whether it's because of him or not

Oooh. An actual striker on the pitch. Should have scored.

I follow them rather than support them, I have no investment in the club of any sort, results have no impact on me.

That's the big distinction for me, I'll watch most games (not all and often it's just background to be honest) but once it's done I don't really care, I enjoy the analysis of performances and tactics but results, who cares. That's why there's such disparity in reactions, you guys all have a whole other factor to care about that doesn't even register with me. It's the emotions that come with it that really confound me though, the level to which some of you appear to be affected by something so irrelevant, the displeasure you seem to get from such banal events.
If I take that on face value then I feel sorry for you that you don't feel the highs and lows of supporting a football or any sports team really. Seems all a bit pointless and surely you have a lot better things to do with your Saturday evening?

They're not going to sack him yet. They'll wait until we're in real trouble or getting cut adrift in the bottom three before they are "forced" to do something.

IMO they're just waiting and hoping for Lopetegui to get the bullet before any of the above happens, so they don't have to pay any compensation to Sevilla.

No point sacking him if they're just gonna ring Mendes up and hope he's got someone any way half decent stashed away that's not already in a job. Which he hasn't.
Lopetegui will be just as bad.

They should sack him before 8 tonight. Fuck going to Mendes he's got no one left who's any good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back