• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Ham (A) 1/10: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon it'll be Hwang up and we'll only get a brief 15-20 mins of Costa at the end.

-----------------------------Sa---------------------

Semedo-----------Kilman--------Toti-----------RAN

---------------Nunes-----------Neves-----------------

Guedes---------------Podence-----------Neto

-------------------------Hwang---------------------

No false 9, Neto on the left
Yeah I’d play this.

Costa won’t be anywhere near fit. Be surprised if he played more than 10–15 minutes

Reasons to be cheerful, one, two, three.

1) West Ham have somehow been even worse than us in 2022, in terms of league points picked up

2) Of those likely to start on Saturday, only Sa, Nunes and Neves went away on international duty. If he really does need "time with the players" then he's had it. Time to show this amazing coaching ability that they keep briefing about to tame pundits/journalists

3) They'll probably play Thilo Kehrer who is an amazingly poor player to have appeared so many times at the top level, he's genuinely dreadful at everything and predictably enough, has started awfully for West Ham. A chance to get at him

Reasons to be cheerful, one, two, three.

1) West Ham have somehow been even worse than us in 2022, in terms of league points picked up

2) Of those likely to start on Saturday, only Sa, Nunes and Neves went away on international duty. If he really does need "time with the players" then he's had it. Time to show this amazing coaching ability that they keep briefing about to tame pundits/journalists

3) They'll probably play Thilo Kehrer who is an amazingly poor player to have appeared so many times at the top level, he's genuinely dreadful at everything and predictably enough, has started awfully for West Ham. A chance to get at him
4. If we do lose, Bruno surely goes.

I actually wouldn't be sure on that.

A pair of 1-0 or 2-0 defeats coming up in London and I reckon I get to enjoy his football in person at least one more time.

Lose 4-0 and it's on the scale of 2020 bad when we lost there under Nuno, he might go.

It would take something remarkable in my view for Bruno to be sacked after the West Ham game whatever the result.
If we fail to pick up at least 6 points from WHU, Forest, and Leicester, then maybe.
I don’t believe we will ever achieve anything under Lage, but Fosun have backed him financially and will give him time.

If we got 6 points from those we would have 12 from 12 games, which is pretty dreadful given what we have on our books, and we're in a genuine relegation fight a third of the way through the season.

I don't know how or why the bar got lowered to 1PPG being ok. Mick McCarthy managed that twice with a fraction of the resources, and there was never any pretention towards him being a super coach in waiting, he was what he was.

Last edited:
If we got 6 points from those we would have 12 from 12 games, which is pretty dreadful given what we have on our books, and we're in a genuine relegation fight a third of the way through the season.

I don't know how or why the bar got lowered to 1PPG being ok. Mick McCarthy managed that twice with a fraction of the resources, and there was never any pretention towards him being a super coach in waiting, he was what he was.
Because everything before he had a striker doesn’t count. So it would actually be 9 points from 7 which is of course excellent form which we should be very grateful for.

It’ll soon be ‘we can’t judge him when he’s got an old past-it striker up front’.

Gary O'Neill - the caretaker Manager at Bournmouth didn't have time with the players when he was appointed .
Given the gig on Monday , played us on Wednesday and turned a 9 - 0 thrashing into a 0-0 draw . Rocked up to Forest 3/4 days later and won , coming from behind to win 3 - 2 - after having no time with the players worth talking about . Another week went by and they secured a draw against Newcastle , having taken the lead .

You need time with the players ??.........Poppycock , just get on with it and make the best of it and stop using it as an excuse .

Plus their players aren't half as talented as ours should be

Ahh the fabled new manager bounce, when have we ever had any luck with that old adage?

Gary O'Neill - the caretaker Manager at Bournmouth didn't have time with the players when he was appointed .
Given the gig on Monday , played us on Wednesday and turned a 9 - 0 thrashing into a 0-0 draw . Rocked up to Forest 3/4 days later and won , coming from behind to win 3 - 2 - after having no time with the players worth talking about . Another week went by and they secured a draw against Newcastle , having taken the lead .

You need time with the players ??.........Poppycock , just get on with it and make the best of it and stop using it as an excuse .
I agree that "need time with the players" is a lame excuse for Wolves lack of performance. Gary o'Neill has been senior first team coach at Bournemouth for around 18 months before he took over the team. He was in that role before Scott Parker was appointed. It is likely that he had spent a lot of time with the players.

It’s got draw written all over it, this one.

Neither team will want to lose, but I suspect Moyes to be braver than Lage at the vital points of the game, so if there is to be a winner, it’ll probably be West Ham.

Last edited:
It’s got draw written all over it, this one.

Neither team will want to lose, but I suspect Moyles to be braver than Lage at the vital points of the game, so if there is to be a winner, it’ll probably be West Ham.
He'd still do a better job than Lage

1664439173672.png

Never ever want us to lose but I know if we win it probably kicks the can down the road for another 4 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back