• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Ham (A) Build Up and Matchday Thread

We haven't won a game since the beginning of March, need to get back to form with a win here!

We haven't won a game since the beginning of March, need to get back to form with a win here!

Haven't lost a game since Feb...that run has to end soon

Last edited:
Hope we can dick them. Sibling gloating rights at stake here. Serious stuff

When exactly is the match?

On paper our first 3 are the easiest games we have left, so if we're going to keep in contention we do need to hit the ground running (literally)

Having said that, it's hard to say just exactly how each team will react, so maybe it's not so cut and dry.

We've had them over a barrel since we came back up but then was under Pellegrini - not a cat in hell's chance they'll be as wide open under Moyes. I'd say a 1-0 would be about right, we'll have to scrap for it.

Was watching some of the Sky 30 minute highlights last night of our games. It reminded me how many times we have conceded first this season and how many times VAR has had our pants down. Can't wait to get furious over both of these things again in about 12 x days! :icon_lol:

Both sides will be a bit rusty, but Wolves players have a greater understanding of their roles (& have all season compared to WH) - doubt that there will be many big wins in the early games, but man for man we are better than them so a 0 - 2 or 1 - 2 win for us.

Ngakia was playing RB for them before lockdown. He's refused to sign a new contract to extend beyond June 30 so he won't be playing.

3-4-3 for me and usual suspects in that setup.

Why would he not sign a deal when he can’t play for anyone else?

They wanted him to sign a longer term contract and he wasn’t happy with the terms - obviously has a better offer from somewhere else

I guess they will be playing Fredricks instead.

I look forward to the last couple of days build up when West Ham tweet that Wilshere is 2-3 weeks from full fitness.

It regularly seems to take us 2-3 games to get up and running properly. On the other hand no team is going to be at its best in the 1st game. Hopefully 1-0 to us, but would not be surprised by 1-1 or 0-0.

My fav ones:

"Also, just to add, I don't know if Wolves are genuinely a very good side or punching above their weight, but I find it unacceptable that they have done been doing so much better than us and are more highly regarded by bookies and pundits."

Hope serious.

"We will have someone playing that has more than doubled in size. Someone will have a very silly hair style. Someone that looks like they’ve forgotten how to play football. Someone that is too eager and gets sent off in the first few moments... and a goal keeper crisis by the end of the day."

Appreciate the honesty!

checked my diary for something last night and got stupidly excited that there is less than a week to go!

VAR has to stay for this season, whatever it's faults, to give a level playing field.

Mind you would much rather that Coote was a long way away from it.

Back