• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

West Ham (A) Build Up and Matchday Thread

Fancies a bit of a shock.

There is often a negative vibe at London Stadium so it is possible that an absence of fans will not hurt West Ham's chances as much as it might do to other sides.

Clearly Wolves have had a much better season but the Hammers are not a bad team on their day, and are better than their position in the table suggests, so I am backing them to spring a bit of a surprise.

Lawro's prediction: 1-0
E&S have clearly read this and run with the same idea in their preview.

The only potential problem for Wolves this season was that Nuno Espirito Santo was playing the same team week-in, week-out, but after the break they have had, they will be strong again. That issue might come back around again with the number of games to be played in such a short space of time, but it will not be a factor right now..

What issue? We have only had a period of consistent poor form for the first few weeks of the season (when Nuno was chopping and changing a fair bit), not sure what he is trying to say here?

Its the same old "Wolves have no depth" line I guess. The journos just don't seem to get it.

Charlie Nicholas has gone for 1-1, while tipping us as his dark horse for the top four. If we want that, I think this is a game we have to be winning, personally.

Even the Man Utd fan mentions our small squad, even though it never affected us all season playing twice a week regularly.

Its the same old "Wolves have no depth" line I guess. The journos just don't seem to get it.

Charlie Nicholas has gone for 1-1, while tipping us as his dark horse for the top four. If we want that, I think this is a game we have to be winning, personally.
I think to make the Top 4 we have to win the next 3 against teams in the bottom 5.

It's just daft though, we can name a 20 man squad tomorrow and none of them will be deadweight, how many first team players do people think we should have? I'll never understand the seeming need to have players earning tens of thousands of pounds a week sitting around doing nothing.

I think to make the Top 4 we have to win the next 3 against teams in the bottom 5.
We just have to outscore Sheff Utd, Man Utd and Spurs.

Our fixtures mean we have a good chance of that.

I was just on about getting into Europe, not specifically the CL.

Yeah I was just getting mixed up. Chelsea will be a tough one to crack.

To do it we must win the first three I reckon, and then probably Arsenal too. We must stay in range before the last two games. Ideally within 3 points by the time we play Palace and they go to Liverpool. That would keep us in the game going to Stamford Bridge on the final day. Plus United go to Leicester on the final day. The race for fourth could be pretty epic.

I think you'll see Liverpool and City playing their second 11s in the last few games

I don't see us getting particularly close, we'll still draw too many games.

Liverpool's last home game? With trophy lift? And Klopp wanting to beat the City record points total? I don't think Klopp is going to be weakening his side particularly.

You're assuming Liverpool will carry on where they left off,they could,but equally could not,myself I'd love them to collapse and throw it away

Infogol, using xG, has us with a 55% chance of winning

Back