• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

What is it with Beards?

I could grow a fucking banging beard if a) Thd missus didn't despise me having one and b) It didn't itch to the point I scratch my face to ribbons. A pencil goatee does me fine, the rest of my face and head stays shaven and polished.

Bald and polished is a good thing :)

Oh, and men that sit there playing with their beards, as in twizzling the growth between their fingers is almost as bad as men sitting there scratching their balls.

What if we do both at the same time? Bonus points?

Am now 48, very few grey hairs on my head(had an easy life), but my beard appears a sort of grey / ginger hybrid !

Plus the wife thinks I look like a rapist tramp ??

Never mind what yer wife thinks Paul.
Lots of other wimmin will find that colour mix a bit attractive....

I could grow a fucking banging beard if a) Thd missus didn't despise me having one and b) It didn't itch to the point I scratch my face to ribbons. A pencil goatee does me fine, the rest of my face and head stays shaven and polished.

I found that it itched for nearly a week, then after that it's fine. I didn't have any itchiness at all when I grew my mo.

Having had 2 recent failed attempts at growing a beard (it's too damn itchy!!) I have a new found respect for anyone who has the patience to grow one. Beards are awesome.

Bald and polished is a good thing :)

Oh, and men that sit there playing with their beards, as in twizzling the growth between their fingers is almost as bad as men sitting there scratching their balls.

I have found that scratching other peoples in public is a bigger social taboo :)

I have found that scratching other peoples in public is a bigger social taboo :)

Is that where the ' I'll scratch yours if you scratch mine ' saying comes from .

Had an awesome beard since I can remember.

Mine is shitty and ginger and doesn't even look "good" so I suppose it's laziness, and that yes, when you look around, a lot of other blokes have got lazy beards at the moment.

Mine is shitty and ginger and doesn't even look "good"

Same as me, I try and grow a beard, and I just get some ginger bum fluff. It's not fair! Damn you all and your ability to grow proper beards!

I always have one in the winter, although this year it's a goatee, but it's there and gone in the summer at regular intervals, too hot for a full on beard when it's 40C

Mines patchy at best, and only there because I can't be arsed to shave. Its got to go though as I didn't have a winner at the Festival today.

I have had a beard before, and probably still would but the good lady is not over impressed by it.

Ginger grey brown goatee is the best I managed and Mrs cyber hates it. Constant snipes about ageing and tramp means it soon gets shaved��

Reading this thread it would appear that it is the women in our life who decide whether there is facial hair or not.

Mine was first grown after I was dumped by a girlfriend who threatened various painful actions if I grew facial hair (and given that this was the 70's & I had fairly long hair and massive sideburns I was almost 50% there anyway so seemed somewhat irrelevant).

Grew the beard at that point as an act of irrelevant protest and its not gone away since then, and anyone I have met since has had to put up with it as it is now part of me.

Beards, you either love them or hate them ( speaking as a woman and not of a grower of one ) bit like Marmite really.

Why would you want to grow something that changes the shape of your head /face into the shape of a football. It widens your face, hides your cheekbones, jaw line and you lose the angles to your face . Do you grow it as some kind of mask to hide behind. Does it give you more confidence as a person ? They give out a ' lazy person ' alert and someone who hates shaving ( and yes I'm sure a beard takes some grooming , but not the same kind of grooming ) . For people who have never grown one then decide to, they spell out ' mid life crisis ' . Then there's the kissing , its nasty. But then if you don't go round having long, full blown, snogging sessions with women then that's not a problem. They don't make you look charismatic, nor distinguished, they make you look a lot older than your years .

On the plus side for having one, they can hide scars. You can hide what is there. They provide homes for wildlife and bits of food for later. They mean you get 15 minutes extra in bed before work. They hide double chins .

Do some men grow them as its one of the few things a man can do that a woman can't ( unless you live near Pav and are fortunate to be one of the bearded ladies )

Smooth is the only way , for male and female, well , unless you happen to be Chris Pine or Sean Connery.

5321b5078836b.jpg

Back