• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Where will we finish 2015-16

Where will we finish?

• Total voters
I don't think there was ever a surprise element with us, as a club we consistently challenge for the top six in this division, have done for over 20 years and we only dropped into League One because of serial ineptitude.

I expect a similar number of points to last season as it stands, I don't think for a minute the squad will be exactly as it is now in two months' time either.

I think that is key. I think we can expect couple of signings at least by September, maybe even before the Blackburn game. We need to resolve current issues quickly or it will start affecting the rest of the squad.

Obviously I don't want to be relegated but as long as I am able to watch Wolves playing good football and scoring plenty of goals I'm not fussed.

i can't really answer this until I know more about the state of the club (who's going, who's leaving etc) but as it stands I would say top half

Not going to vote for another couple of weeks at least - too many imponderables for now (both for us and others - both ins & outs).

Regardless on incomings we probably have a first team to compete for a top six (which as Deutsch says we have mostly tended to be able to do) - some concern over lack of depth to cover key injuries when a lot of faith will have to be put on the fringe youngsters.

Agree, too many imponderables for now, ask again in a fortnight.

With the current squad then I would say top 10. I think we are weaker than last season, and the talk of playing a narrow diamond has me worried.

Will hold off voting until a few more things are sorted in the transfer window.

We look weaker than last season but aside from Derby and Boro who look a lot stronger the remaining sides from last year are questionable IMO.

Ipswich have lost Mings, much like us with Sako they won't be able to replace the quality of him. I also don't think Murphy will be able to replicate last season, he also turns 32 mid-season.

Brentford are taking a huge gamble with this unknown gaffer and statistical approach it has potential for Solbakken MKII, and have also lost Pritchard who was magnificent last season.

I'm not pushing the panic button just yet, still a good time to bring a few in but I'd be concerned if others strengthen and we don't. Of the relegated sides I think Hull are the best prepared, QPR have made some good signings but they will need time to gel. Burnley won't invest and expect Dyche to work miracles again, he probably will until a knee jerk sacking upstairs and the Prem comes calling.

Derby still have the same atrocious defenders.

If they end up playing all of Ince, Hughes, Weimann, Bent and Martin they're going to get a few beatings on the counter.

Two solid if not spectacular signings up front and left wing and we’ll push for the play-offs, anything less and we will struggle for top half.

Two solid if not spectacular signings up front and left wing and we’ll push for the play-offs, anything less and we will struggle for top half.

No chance will we struggle for top half, our defence and 2 strikers are too good for that. Like i said earlier our midfield is all up in the air but Coady and Wallace are good signings and could well work out much better as they have potential.

What if you think 11th or 12th?
Like others have said I'll make a judgement just before the season starts, but if we were kicking off tomorrow I'd be top half outside the play offs

Were not gonna finish bottom half. That's pretty much impossible. Blackburn have got a few cloggers but two decent strikers and were the best of the rest. That's as low as we will go. Not sure why people seem to think this league is any good?

Mid table is populated by dross such as Blues, Huddersfield, Bolton, Charlton...

Were not gonna finish bottom half. That's pretty much impossible. Blackburn have got a few cloggers but two decent strikers and were the best of the rest. That's as low as we will go. Not sure why people seem to think this league is any good?

Mid table is populated by dross such as Blues, Huddersfield, Bolton, Charlton...

As usual because it's our team people go over board. Yes we've lost Sako and our midfield is in transition but we are still one of the best sides in this league. I can see Boro, Derby, Burnley(even though they have lost their 2 best players) and Hull(if they keep their players) being right up there but away from those i don't think there are any teams better than us.

The Championship is full of utter dreck and always is, since 1989 we have finished in the bottom half twice. Believe me we have had worse teams than this under worse managers and they didn't manage to finish below 12th.

Don't see Hull doing anything as Bruce has entered his downward spiral which happens at every club he manages.

I think they have the quality to be up there though even if Bruce is having that slump as long as they don't lose their players and they still might with plenty of time left in the transfer window. I think people are going over the top with us losing Sako and changing system but i'm not too worried by that as i think it might suit and won't be as easy to defend against as some have said.

I'm not sold on the system change but I think it is being overblown - we didn't play a diamond formation yesterday, even with Henry not considered, Van La Parra injured and no real first team left winger at the club. I'm not even sure we'll do it, not with any regularity and even if we did, as dubious as I am about it I'm not going to dismiss it out of hand before seeing exactly how Ken plans on making it work, if that is indeed his plan. I would draw the line at 3-5-2 without even seeing it because that is almost always a complete mess, but as KJ isn't a fucking idiot then we won't do that.

You're right we didn't play it yesterday and i'm pretty sure (hope) that Ken will change and adapt to whatever team we are playing. With our squad at the moment and a couple of additions i think we are more than capable of going narrow if we want or playing with wide players and even going 1 upfront and not playing either Afobe or Dicko and having a real number 10.

Didn't we try a 5-3-2 last season for about 15 minutes?

Back