• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Where will we finish 2016-17

Where will the New Look Wolves finish at the end of the 2016-17 season?

• Total voters
I never make predictions whether it be Matchday score or where we'll finish.
The one thing I am pretty confident about is, whatever happens this season the boredom from last season that caused so much apathy amongst us ain't gonna happen this season.

It's like sticking a wine list in front of me.

Fuck knows, I haven't a clue about wine but it should be an enjoyable evening after a few bottles. Just hope I don't throw up at the end.

Rather optimistic considering the mass changes, I think if we had not had the take over, new manager and lack of transfer market activity we would have finished in the bottom half, now we have had a change of manager, a few new additions I think the play offs is not too much to ask for!

For once I feel "wait until the window closes" is prudent before predicting anything. :) It's not like me at all but there it is.

Well its three and a bit weeks this thread has been running and am am cautiously optimistic that my top 10 prediction could be exceeded by this squad. New signings, new manager , new intent and new purpose seem to have lifted the club. I wanted 35 points by Xmas to mount a challenge for the play offs. I still think top 10 but we could do even better. I dont think we are auto proms challengers yet though

Wolves now look to have a top six squad and with luck can push for automatic promotion. Very little to fear in this seasons Championship.

I wonder who is the pessimist who voted relegation... It certainly wasn't me.

My original prediction was 9th or 10th. I'd say that by the time the window closes we'll have a squad similar in strength to Newcastle and Norwich & with every chance of improving it further in January. Play offs have to be the minimum requirement now, as well as consistency. The usual Champo pattern of everyone being able to beat everyone else is already emerging

I can imagine a few bumps in the road and hovering around 6-8th come January. Fosun/Mendes will act and solidify our place in the play offs and maybe even produce a game changer to push us towards the top 3.

Top Two.

Not sure what the predictions were like last summer when we had Afobe and Sako in the squad, I would contend we now have better available to a manager whose ambition and expectation seems slightly higher than the last.

Would I have expected Jacketts side to come back from 2-0 down on opening day? No. Would I have expected Jacketts side to come from behind to win 1-3 away against the Blues? No.

Do I expect Walter to get us promoted? Yes

I still have no idea. It's been a terrific start that I didn't think would happen (I had anticipated a bit of a wobble until things settled down) but at the same time, I've not really seen enough of the other fancied sides in the division, and I don't know enough about some of our signings who have barely kicked a ball for us yet.

It all looks great so far but I don't want to get carried away just yet.

Wolves now look to have a top six squad and with luck can push for automatic promotion. Very little to fear in this seasons Championship.

I don't agree with that at all, I think there's plenty to fear, villa are building a strong squad along with us, then there's Newcastle and Norwich who will settle down and that's just the relegated sides, add to those the sides that just missed out last season and we could see a very tight championship, I do think we will be there or thereabouts though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More than one side has come down and struggled. I wouldn't stake my life on the Toon going straight back up.

Is anyone more knowledgable about their prediction now we have signed a new team (ish).

and me with my top six(playoffs)

I will be honest and admit I was rather pessimistic with my play offs prediction in comparison to what has happened so far - with today surpassing my expectations. I'm not too concerned about suffering a Dicko/Graham type injury, obviously not wanting it to happen, as we will simply buy/loan a replacement at the first given opportunity. Buy/loan promotion suits me down to the ground (thanks to KJ and more significantly last season although closely intertwined)

Just voted play-offs.

Back