• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Where will we finish 2016-17

Where will the New Look Wolves finish at the end of the 2016-17 season?

• Total voters
Still going with "fuck knows"

I think we should now be expecting Zenga to deliver promotion.

Yes it will take time to gel these players but over the course of the next 41 games we have enough options (and another transfer window) to deliver this objective.

I think we should now be expecting Zenga to deliver promotion.

Yes it will take time to gel these players but over the course of the next 41 games we have enough options (and another transfer window) to deliver this objective.

championship is a super competitive league though and very hard to gain promotion from, but i sincerly hope you are correct

championship is a super competitive league though and very hard to gain promotion from, but i sincerly hope you are correct

I agree, it is. But with £14m spent plus wages and a manager appearing not to be afraid to attack we now have a right to demand results and good performances.

Agree, if our defence can cope

I still say top 6 at the minute.

I said automatic promotion to begin with, though that was more in hope than expectation. Now it is in expectation.

Still going with "$#@! knows"

Never normally like doing predictions so this is the camp I'm in.
Could piss everything or it could all go tits up, whatever happens though I reckon it's gonna be fun.

We have signed 11 players post Fosun buy out (ex Ruddy). I know little to nothing about most of them including our new record signing....still sitting on the fence.

Said playoffs originally before all the signing started & will stick with that

The difference between 1st & 6th is usually very little so a couple of extra bonus results could move us into an automatic place, but will not be easy (and it shouldn't be)

Walter Zenga now knows his arse is on the bacon slicer, deliver or say goodbye.

I chose top 6. We've got enough quality to challenge, but maybe a bit too much to expect us to finish above the likes of Newcastle, who surely must be too strong for the rest?

I chose top 6. We've got enough quality to challenge, but maybe a bit too much to expect us to finish above the likes of Newcastle, who surely must be too strong for the rest?

I'm not sure Newcastle's squad is that good. They look good going forward with the likes of Ritchie, Gayle and Mitrovic etc but their defence is awful, see Clark, Hanley and players like Shelvey are always capable of going missing for a few weeks. Can't believe they and Villa have spent the money they have for those squads.

I feel norwich will be a real threat too

I'm not sure Newcastle's squad is that good. They look good going forward with the likes of Ritchie, Gayle and Mitrovic etc but their defence is awful, see Clark, Hanley and players like Shelvey are always capable of going missing for a few weeks. Can't believe they and Villa have spent the money they have for those squads.

Both Villa and Newcastle look like they should be able to do some real damage to most other teams in the league, but like us they're not impressive at the back. Still think Newcastle's median player quality is better than ours (though narrower than before), and I think we can safely stand toe-to-toe with Villa.

Norwich should have done a lot better than they have this window, though, we've definitely got a better squad now IMO. Moxey's real parting gift to us!

Norwich should have done a lot better than they have this window, though, we've definitely got a better squad now IMO. Moxey's real parting gift to us!

Norwich fans absolutely hate him already.

Fuck knows. Walter's CV still worries me, but I've been impressed with the start he's made, compared to my low expectations of him. I think it's the kind of squad that needs a cheerleader and motivator rather than tacticking* its way to success, and I fancy he'll be good at that.

*I wanted one word, and that made up piece of shit was the best I could do.

Klose, Bennett, Brady, Howson, Tettey, Pritchard, Hoolahan and Canos are all very, very good players at this level.

Jerome is nowhere near good enough for the Premier League, but is a good player at this level and will score his usual 15 or so.

They'll be up there.

Back