• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Where will we finish 2019/20 Version 2

Where we will Wolves finish

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not qualifying for Europe would absolutely be a backwards step. This club doesn't get where it wants to be by making mid table finishes, it does it by consistently playing European football.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Tell the recruitment team that not being able offer European football to targets isn't a backward step :icon_lol:

It would still, overall, be a good season - but it will not help this Summer's chances of attracting and retaining the best footballers. I'm not sure the fact we got 58 rather than 57 points will compensate prospective signings and our existing talent, for missing out on European football. Suggesting otherwise is akin to Corbyn waffling on about 'winning the argument', despite losing the election.

I'm not saying there'll be an exodus, and we'll be left buying scrags, but you're kidding yourself if you think it will help

Finish 8th, win the Europa League. Easy

Not qualifying for Europe would absolutely be a backwards step. This club doesn't get where it wants to be by making mid table finishes, it does it by consistently playing European football.

Who's finishing mid table???

How's it a backwards step? It may well harm our chances of taking forward steps in the future for the reasons you give (although I think far too much emphasis s being placed on the Europa having an impact on signings...champions league yes but Europa no), but its simple mathematics we finish on more points this season than last.....we've done better this season than last..ie a step forward.

Tell the recruitment team that not being able offer European football to targets isn't a backward step :icon_lol:

It would still, overall, be a good season - but it will not help this Summer's chances of attracting and retaining the best footballers. I'm not sure the fact we got 58 rather than 57 points will compensate prospective signings and our existing talent, for missing out on European football. Suggesting otherwise is akin to Corbyn waffling on about 'winning the argument', despite losing the election.

I'm not saying there'll be an exodus, and we'll be left buying scrags, but you're kidding yourself if you think it will help

Why would I need to tell the recruitment team anything? Surely that relates to the future not accessing the achievements of this season compared with last which is what I'm doing. If we finish on more points (especially taking into account the added Europa run) we've improved!

Anyway trot along I can't be arsed debating with idiots who use smileys if their over the age of 12 and are so sad they list computer game achievements in their bio.

Who's finishing mid table???

How's it a backwards step? It may well harm our chances of taking forward steps in the future for the reasons you give (although I think far too much emphasis s being placed on the Europa having an impact on signings...champions league yes but Europa no), but its simple mathematics we finish on more points this season than last.....we've done better this season than last..ie a step forward.
I wouldn't see 8th as a failure but it's lower than 7th so worse, points is an irrelevance - different season, different dynamics and in a 20 team competition 8th is mid table.

I wouldn't see 8th as a failure but it's lower than 7th so worse, points is an irrelevance - different season, different dynamics and in a 20 team competition 8th is mid table.

I never mentioned 8th, we can finish 7th on more points than last season but still not be in Europa due to circumstances outside of our control that went our way last season but may not this. As achievements of our team only (not circumstances outside our control) that's would be a better season than last regardless of what competitions we were then in.

I never mentioned 8th, we can finish 7th on more points than last season but still not be in Europa due to circumstances outside of our control that went our way last season but may not this. As achievements of our team only (not circumstances outside our control) that's would be a better season than last regardless of what competitions we were then in.
If we finish 7th we will be in Europe so the only way we aren't is if we finish lower down the league. Arsenal are not beating City at the weekend, they collapse against them every time

If we finish 7th we will be in Europe so the only way we aren't is if we finish lower down the league. Arsenal are not beating City at the weekend, they collapse against them every time

Likely but my original point was its still possible to finish 7th (and do better than last season) and not qualify for the Europa......albeit unlikely.

Why would I need to tell the recruitment team anything? Surely that relates to the future not accessing the achievements of this season compared with last which is what I'm doing. If we finish on more points (especially taking into account the added Europa run) we've improved!

Anyway trot along I can't be arsed debating with idiots who use smileys if their over the age of 12 and are so sad they list computer game achievements in their bio.

If you weren't laughable, I wouldn't need to laugh at you. Oh, and if you're going to call somebody an idiot, it's best not to do so in a sentence that's littered with mistakes. That said, it's a football forum pal, we're all pretty much the definition of sad, no?

If you can't see that failing to qualify for Europe - after enjoying a wonderful season of European football - is the literal opposite of progress, then there's no talking to you.

"Well, Sinor Dias, thanks for coming. Obviously we can't offer you European football, BUT we did get 1 point extra in the league YOY, which I'm sure you'll agree more than makes up for it. Plus, join us and you get midweeks off!"

I'm with Del on this one.

Players don't know our club inside out like we do. They'll see Europa League this season and no Europe next season and come to their own conclusions that it isn't as attractive a prospect. No matter how much we sweet talk them and brag how we "nearly" got Champions League".

Ultimately we are a good club to play for with good well known players, and that'll count for a lot. But ultimately players go where they are going to either get paid loads, or get more exposure.

If you weren't laughable, I wouldn't need to laugh at you. Oh, and if you're going to call somebody an idiot, it's best not to do so in a sentence that's littered with mistakes. That said, it's a football forum pal, we're all pretty much the definition of sad, no?

If you can't see that failing to qualify for Europe - after enjoying a wonderful season of European football - is the literal opposite of progress, then there's no talking to you.

"Well, Sinor Dias, thanks for coming. Obviously we can't offer you European football, BUT we did get 1 point extra in the league YOY, which I'm sure you'll agree more than makes up for it. Plus, join us and you get midweeks off!"

So we only sign good players if we already have European football?

Neves
Jimenez
Traore
Moutinho
Patricio...….shall I go on?

All signed when we didn't have European football, you know why? Because we sign good players that fit the team as players and more improtantly as people and who buy in to the long term plan (which is constant progression its not determined by and specific goals such as Europe) and then we mould them into even better players!

We don't buy big names based on online stats....this ain't Fifa kid! You sound like those divs who 'supported' Chelsea/Man Utd/Man City till 2018.

And even if that was the case when does the ability to sign bigger names quantify progress? I'd say progress is pretty simple (like you) its doing better one season than you did before!

Signings/attracting bigger name players may well effect future progress (although as I've pointed out using our current model its very likely to not) but it certainly is no measure of current progress.

Oh your one of them type who takes great pleasure in laughing at someone (well cyber laughing at someone) over the internet...….I live in the real world pal. You should try it there's girls and everything!

You must have missed this bit: "I'm not saying there'll be an exodus, and we'll be left buying scrags, but you're kidding yourself if you think it will help".

Simple question: Do you honestly believe that a failure to qualify for European football will have zero effect on the recruitment and retention strategy and success this Summer?

And cut the shit. You're named after a paedo coat ffs.

Simple question: Do you honestly believe that a failure to qualify for European football will have zero effect on the recruitment and retention strategy and success this Summer?

No, but where did I say that I'm not talking measuring recruitment and retention strategy I'm talking about comparing one season to the previous you know the actual football on the pitch and we've progressed from this season compared to last (which was my statement).

I leave the second guessing (even though they've not really got a clue) on recruitment and retention to the football manager/Fifa wannabies like you!

And cut the shit. You're named after a paedo coat ffs.

say cut the shit to my face keyboard warrior?

Oh smileys and now taking the piss out of usernames woohooo, do you visit comic book stores a lot.

Shouldn't expect anything different from a sad fucker who stands in front of the mirror for a photo of himself.

say cut the shit to my face keyboard warrior?

Calling someone out online. Really? I mean really

Can we all take a step back here and stop acting like 12 years olds playing Call of Duty online please.

Back