• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Where will we finish 2019/20 Version 2

Where we will Wolves finish

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All makes perfect sense. A double chance bet on Burnley/Draw at evens with the same stake on Wolves for the top four at 12-1 is worthwhile then.

If we don't win at Burnley then both bets are covered.

Yep, I've just done that on Betfair. With a bit of juggling around I got slightly better than evens for Burnley/Draw & then put the same stake on Wolves top 4 at 12.5
Obviously Wolves could beat Burnley and then drop points against Palace, in which case both bets are lost (ignoring laying off if we beat Burnley) but that's probably why it's called 'gambling...'

Just checked how many goals other top clubs has scored compared to us..to eventually really take us to the next level we need to score more goals and create more chances..Liverpool 76. Man City 91, Chelsea 63, Leicester 65, Man Utd 61, Wolves 48...then two big clubs in 8th Tottenham 54 and 9th Arsenal 51..I know that aint easy and usually comes with quality but also attacking urge. Last game was really good against Everton(showed what we can do) and we have some real potential to develop much more in that area of the game..

Liverpool 27, Man City 34, Chelsea 49, Leicester 36, Man Utd 35, Wolves 37, Tottenham 45, Arsenal 44

We aren’t a team that will score loads though, 1 or 2 is usually enough and we control the game from there. I do prefer when we are a bit more assertive in the first half like against Everton as if we score first we get lots of chances for more on the break in the second half.

Just checked how many goals other top clubs has scored compared to us..to eventually really take us to the next level we need to score more goals and create more chances..Liverpool 76. Man City 91, Chelsea 63, Leicester 65, Man Utd 61, Wolves 48...then two big clubs in 8th Tottenham 54 and 9th Arsenal 51..I know that aint easy and usually comes with quality but also attacking urge. Last game was really good against Everton(showed what we can do) and we have some real potential to develop much more in that area of the game..

We do need goals but it's not a case of us not creating chances. When we attack with purpose we create very good chances and our trouble highlighted by the conversion rate of Jimenez, Jota etc is that we're not always clinical when we need to be.

I've just done a bit of a prediction on us, Sheff Utd, Spurs and Arsenals remaining games and it leaves all 4 of us on 59 points!

As goal difference currently stands it would mean us or Spurs 6th or 7th (same gaol difference at present). Presuming none of the top 5 drop out.

Its gonna be close!!

Come on Leicester in the league and Man City in the cup!!

Key game in all of this is Spurs v Leicester I think a spurs win and at best we’re coming 7th. Arsenal at Villa is an interesting one Villa will be desperate for points so no guarantee with Arsenal there.
Is missing out on the Europa league a huge disaster? Not really disappointed yes but recruitment wise it’s the CL that’s the big carrot for players not the Europa league.

Key game in all of this is Spurs v Leicester I think a spurs win and at best we’re coming 7th. Arsenal at Villa is an interesting one Villa will be desperate for points so no guarantee with Arsenal there.
Is missing out on the Europa league a huge disaster? Not really disappointed yes but recruitment wise it’s the CL that’s the big carrot for players not the Europa league.
I'd be worried about retaining players without Europe

It's a yes or no choice, isn't it. So if you're asking me would I rather be in the Europa League than not, then of course I'd like to be in it.

I don't think anywhere we come now is a disaster or even a mild disappointment. Any sane Wolves fan at the start of the season would have been over the moon with making it to the group stages of the Europa and a mid table finish...…………..whatever happens over the next two games we've massively exceeded that.

I'm no real fan of the Europa but coming so far it would be nice to have that achievement quantified and 'qualifying for Europe' would do that. I also think if we don't some (very very wrongfully in my eyes) may see it as us going backwards very slightly. They'd be wrong but I hope we don't give them the ammunition.

It's a yes or no choice, isn't it. So if you're asking me would I rather be in the Europa League than not, then of course I'd like to be in it.

Of course you would but it’s not a catastrophe if we miss out disappointing yes.

I've just done a bit of a prediction on us, Sheff Utd, Spurs and Arsenals remaining games and it leaves all 4 of us on 59 points!

As goal difference currently stands it would mean us or Spurs 6th or 7th (same gaol difference at present). Presuming none of the top 5 drop out.

Its gonna be close!!

Come on Leicester in the league and Man City in the cup!!

I got the same except that Arsenal would pip us into 7th on goals scored.

Being in Europe and then not being in Europe *is* going backwards, there's no doubt about that. It will make it harder to attract and retain players.

The encouragement for me about next season, though, is that I don't think we need much to be looking at a 8-10 point improvement. There are 4 players needed, 2 of which can be quite young with half an eye on the future (the successors and back ups to Raul and Joao) and I think this season will also have taught Nuno a lot on when to be conservative and when to let the handbrake of a bit more. If we can scrape into Europe this year and have a better summer-ish window, I think we'll be in with a good shout of 4th next year

Good thing is a win and a draw eliminates Arsenal from the equation plus gives Sheff Utd a lot to do also. Just hope Palace turn up in their beach boys mode on Monday night but even still if we’re at the races we’ll have enough to dispose of them.
Personally now looking at things I think we’ll need something at Chelsea if we end up on 59 points now I’m afraid we’re going to fall agonisingly short.

Being in Europe and then not being in Europe *is* going backwards, there's no doubt about that. It will make it harder to attract and retain players.

The encouragement for me about next season, though, is that I don't think we need much to be looking at a 8-10 point improvement. There are 4 players needed, 2 of which can be quite young with half an eye on the future (the successors and back ups to Raul and Joao) and I think this season will also have taught Nuno a lot on when to be conservative and when to let the handbrake of a bit more. If we can scrape into Europe this year and have a better summer-ish window, I think we'll be in with a good shout of 4th next year

In a literal sense it’s a backward step but as you said we’re very close to the top 4 now something we were a good distance away from last season. Are we a better side than last season? I think we are, I think we’re in a clutch of clubs from 3rd-9th who are of a similar level.

I got the same except that Arsenal would pip us into 7th on goals scored.

When it got down to goals scored etc I have to admit I got a headache and gave up.

All I know is I reckon its going to be bloody close! Kind of gutting really imagine the excitement building if we were actually allowed to be at games! I'd give anything to be there on Monday screaming my head off for them or be currently trying to blag myself a ticket for Chelsea away.

Fuck Corona!

Its not though really is it.

We finished 7th last season on 57 points, we could finish 7th this season on more points but not qualify for Europe, when you add to this our success in the Europa league this season that we didn't have last season its certainly no backwards step whether we get European football or not.

Back