• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Where will we finish 2019/20 Version 2

Where we will Wolves finish

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Everton is the game that concerns me, they seem to have picked up quite a bit under CA.

Th difference between them under CA and Silva was shown yesterday. At 2-0 up they did their best to throw it away (Pickford having 2 mares and getting away with them). Under Silva they would have folded the moment Leicester scored. CA put up with Leicester dominating and looking like scoring for 10 mins. Made a change to their formation and took the game off Leicester and cruised through the final 20 mins

Think you have been very generous to Spurs there Tony. I agree about Man United though, on current form and their fixture list I expect them to do well. I fancy Man Utd for 3rd; between us, Chelsea, and Leicester for 4th. Right now I think we will get 5th and Leicester 6th. The fact we are in this conversation is amazing.
As they are already -3 I make you right

Leicester - Palace, Arsenal, Bournemouth, Sheff U, Spurs, Man U (3,1,2)

I think 3 wins and a draw is very generous to Leicester from that lot given their form

Leicester - Palace, Arsenal, Bournemouth, Sheff U, Spurs, Man U (3,1,2)

I think 3 wins and a draw is very generous to Leicester from that lot given their form
Palace, Bournemouth and Sheff U were the wins, obviously before tonight re the latter. Draw with Utd as it would have suited both based on my other predictions

I voted fifth, with a hope of fourth. I am going to change that to fifth with a hope of third.

To have a chance of top 4 now we probably need 4 wins and a draw, we're now competing at a level where a draw at home to Arsenal or away at Sheff Utd won't be a decent result. Also one of the wins we'll probably need will be at chelsea on the final day.
If you said to me now going into that game on the last day that we need a win to get CL id take it.

First job is to secure 6th and last night helped a lot with that. Right now I'd take 3 wins from the next 5 games - here's hoping Palace and Burnley are on the beach.

We took 4 points from these 6 games from the corresponding fixtures earlier this season and unfortunately at this point it looks like everyone will have something to play for with the exception of Palace. I’d still take 6th now, especially with a shot at the Europa to follow.

We probably only need two wins to finish 6th. Not sure we should be “taking” that. If we go relegation form between now and the end then we could have no complaints missing out top 6.

A reality check with Arsenal. It's not really a surprise though. Liverpool Spurs Chelsea and Arsenal have all come to Molineux and won this season? We were plucky against Liverpool and unlucky against Spurs but deserved nothing against Chelsea or Arsenal. We didn't beat Leicester here either. Only 6 home wins is the worst in the top 13 places. That is what will cost us champions League. We need to sort that too before Olympiakos come here if we are to progress in the Europa League.

This season Leicester and Chelsea have done really well. Leicester sold Maguire and replaced him for pence , Chelsea lost Hazard and were under a transfer ban. We have done really well but we are still not a big six yet and Leicester are currently number 7. Spurs are the big six side that is doing the worst. Arsenal under Arteta are a decent side and may well still finish above us if we stumble.

Arsenals next 3 games are Leicester, spurs and Liverpool. I don’t think they will go above us.

Last edited:
A reality check with Arsenal. It's not really a surprise though. Liverpool Spurs Chelsea and Arsenal have all come to Molineux and won this season? We were plucky against Liverpool and unlucky against Spurs but deserved nothing against Chelsea or Arsenal. We didn't beat Leicester here either. Only 6 home wins is the worst in the top 13 places. That is what will cost us champions League. We need to sort that too before Olympiakos come here if we are to progress in the Europa League.

It's quite the reversal against the top sides when you look at the results versus last season.

This season we have only beaten Man City, and the current bottom 5 at home. Not enough wins against the sides either around us, or just below us in the table (obviously we still have Everton and Palace to play and can hopefully sort that out)

It's quite the reversal against the top sides when you look at the results versus last season.

This season we have only beaten Man City, and the current bottom 5 at home. Not enough wins against the sides either around us, or just below us in the table (obviously we still have Everton and Palace to play and can hopefully sort that out)

We've been far too passive against the top sides at home this season imo. We've obviously done very well this season and the way we have played has definitely enabled us to conserve energy but it has cost us at times because some sides are there to be attacked and it has required us to be more aggressive and look to get an early goal and then we can play as we like to, we are a very good front running team.

We are going to get better as the majority of our players are still maturing and we are more than likely going to add at least one or 2 in the transfer window but i do think a change in mentality in some games is also needed or we will just always be around 6th/7th. That might come with those players getting better and being able to take games by the scruff of the neck and dominate them but we will see.

Apart from being unlucky vs Liverpool (cheers VAR), doing the double over Man City, doing the double over Leicester, oh wait (cheers VAR) , off day vs Chelsea, goal disallowed vs Man U (cheers VAR)...
Yeah, shite season

We've been far too passive against the top sides at home this season imo. We've obviously done very well this season and the way we have played has definitely enabled us to conserve energy but it has cost us at times because some sides are there to be attacked and it has required us to be more aggressive and look to get an early goal and then we can play as we like to, we are a very good front running team.

I wonder how much of that has been with Europe in mind? Nuno being conscious of conserving energy mindful of the whole season and getting through 60 odd games with potentially the next one starting a couple of weeks later

Is this how he wants to play, or is it how he believes we have to? We've used less players in the PL this season in 20 than any other team and three of those aren't at the club any longer. Outside of cups, dead rubbers, injuries and the ridiculously scheduled Liverpool game the starting side is always 11 out of 12 players.

We have always managed games under Nuno, we even did that in the Championship, but that used to be score a couple and then close the game down, not conserve energy in the first half and up it in the second. We all know the half time table, which is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, but does demonstrate the way games are panning out isn't coincidence. It's my view Nuno knows that if we approached every game on the front foot the squad would have been out on their feet by Xmas.

If we qualify for Europe again next year I can see the strategy being the same unless he goes with a larger squad or at least a larger number of players he's prepared to start regularly.

Last edited:
Automatic qualifying for the group stage of the Europa will do me just fine, big week as we’ll find out whether City bam is upheld. Gut gut feeling is it’ll be suspended with a heavy fine. Thus meaning we’ll need to achieve 6th place for the above.
Looking at everyone’s run in 6-7 points will probably achieve that’s.

City result is 13th. They sound supremely confident

If we qualify for Europe again next year I can see the strategy being the same unless he goes with a larger squad or at least a larger number of players he's prepared to start regularly.

It the same as last season where the gulf remains between the first team and the subs. Vallejo, Cutrone and Neto were bought in to bridge the gap but only one of them was any good (not including Podence currently). Given the fact we sold Cav and Costa the squad is actually smaller.

So unless we bring in some top quality options he trusts then it will be more of the same.

Back