• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Whisk(e)y

Can't believe I didn't know this thread existed...

My Dad is a big Whiskey drinker and I have started to get a taste for it but tend to prefer bourbons and irish whiskeys as I found them less harsh... I have bought him a bottle of Jameson Caskmates Stout Edition as I enjoyed this when I tried it when in Dublin, he loves Jameson so hope he will like this - although it does taste different.

Current bottles I have at home - Gentleman Jack, JD Master Distillers No1, Bulleit Bourbon, Jameson Caskmates Stout, Red Stag

As my Dad is a big Jameson's fan, he also likes his Bourbons etc just wondering for future gift ideas?
Jameson 12 yr old is amazing if you like a lighter whiskey, it's aged in old sherry casks for added flavour

. But if you wanted to put a ginger ale into a blended or a bourbon as a mixer you could.

a good bourbon is supposed to be drunk the same way a good whiskey/scotch is.

Mentioned it in the OP. Monkey Shoulder. It's a blend of 3 Speyside single malts (Kininvie, Glenfiddich & Balvenie)which are naturally lighter, friendlier drams. It's all honey and butterscotch. Just gorgeous.

monkey shoulder is great.

Currently on the shelf atm

Jura - Superstition
Bruichladdich - The Classic Laddie
Kilchoman - Machir Bay
Laphroaig - Quarter Cask
Lagavulin - 16yr
Arran - 14yr
Cardhu - Gold Reserve
Clynelish - 14yr
Longmorn (Càrn Mòr) - 9yr Bourbon Barrel
Copper Dog (Speyside blend)
The Ardmore - Legacy
Auchentoshan - American Oak
Deanston - Virgin Oak
GlenDronach - 12
Wemyss Malts - Spice King (lightly peated blend)
Bushmills - 10yr
Redbreast - 12yr
Green Spot
Dunville's Old Irish - Pedro Ximenez 10yr

Got quite a few to work through over the Xmas period...

Currently on the shelf atm

Jura - Superstition
Bruichladdich - The Classic Laddie
Kilchoman - Machir Bay
Laphroaig - Quarter Cask
Lagavulin - 16yr
Arran - 14yr
Cardhu - Gold Reserve
Clynelish - 14yr
Longmorn (Càrn Mòr) - 9yr Bourbon Barrel
Copper Dog (Speyside blend)
The Ardmore - Legacy
Auchentoshan - American Oak
Deanston - Virgin Oak
GlenDronach - 12
Wemyss Malts - Spice King (lightly peated blend)
Bushmills - 10yr
Redbreast - 12yr
Green Spot
Dunville's Old Irish - Pedro Ximenez 10yr

Got quite a few to work through over the Xmas period...

Can I come visit? #wankered

Started drinking whisky about a year ago. Still trying as many as I can to see what I like best so far my favourite has been - Lagavulin - 16yr.

last december my friends and I all got together and did a scotch tasting. grouped rooms by geographical area, entry fee to the party was a bottle to share. think like 20-30 people showed up. I must have tasted everything twice, seeing as I could barely see straight at the end of the night. we tried to play a board game and I couldn't even follow the rules about halfway through.

was a good time would do again 9/10

Got given a bottle of Statesman Bourbon for Christmas (as seen in the 2nd Kingsman Movie). Made by the Old Forester Distilery. Thought it would be a bit shit as they were just cashing in on being part of the Movie...but I was wrong. It's a cracking Bourbon and lovely drank neat.

giphy.gif

Just picked up an 18 year old sherry cask finished Ledaig. Very excited to try it.
3dc9ecda55090dd6fdfe21eaf73fd432.jpg
c5d29970e6a9f6f6d6abcf987b507aeb.jpg

Lovely. I got a bottle of Jura - The Paps for my birthday in Jan. Have been sipping it with a few drops of water every now and then. Absolutely beautiful. It was aged in old Bourbon casks and then aged in old Ximinez sherry casks, so its a Scotch with a bourbon overlay and a sherry finish.

1004699251.jpg

Lovely. I got a bottle of Jura - The Paps for my birthday in Jan. Have been sipping it with a few drops of water every now and then. Absolutely beautiful. It was aged in old Bourbon casks and then aged in old Ximinez sherry casks, so its a Scotch with a bourbon overlay and a sherry finish.

1004699251.jpg

WATER WATER!

Mother of god.

Pm me your address and I will BUY you some whisky stones. That will bring out the flavour , cool the drink and not water it down lol!

Mate of mine is a tour guide at Jameson Bow Lane distillery and he told me to never chill whisky as it does the opposite of bringing out the flavour because it actually numbs the taste buds. Thank you though :)

Wee drop of water can help changed the flavour profile as it releases some of the oils (I believe). I always like to have a glass without and then one with.

Mate of mine is a tour guide at Jameson Bow Lane distillery and he told me to never chill whisky as it does the opposite of bringing out the flavour because it actually numbs the taste buds. Thank you though :)
Nah that's just a superstition...

;)

sound.

I was told the only thing you put in a decent whisky is another, never water hence the stones. I find it mellows it nicely but each to their own.

balls

whisky - drop of water. Nothing else.

Jesus.

Doing otherwise is just weird.

Back