• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Whisk(e)y

I like an Old Faishoned and a Whisky Sour without the egg white.

I confess to being a philistine and a preference for Bourbon rather than scotch or Irish or even Canadian whisky.

Wee drop of water can help changed the flavour profile as it releases some of the oils (I believe). I always like to have a glass without and then one with.
This.

Parts of a whisky will be water soluble, some wont. A drop of water will change it completely. I always find Laphroaig gets ×10 more aggressive with a drop of water.

Just opened a bottle of a 10 year old cask strength (57.8%) Palo Cortado finished Inchgower. Absolutely magical.

I keep posting in the beer thread but I think the Water of Life needs a thread of its own.

What are your favourite drams?

I'm a Scotch or Irish guy first and foremost, mainly prefer the lighter, friendlier Speysides or Highland malts but I can appreciate a good Islay too and my favourite whisky of all time has got to be either Lagavulin 16 or Caol Ila 12.

Monkey Shoulder is my 'go-to' whisky, I don't think there's much better than it for that price.

Not a great Bourbon fan but I do like a wee Bulleit or Blanton's Gold if I can get it over here.

Always have a malt before the game

My favourite is Glenmorangie

I wish I could still drink it, but sadly not. I have to accept that Whisky and my brain is not a happy mix.

When I did, I loved Talisker and Cardhu.

Clynelish 14. Fucking glorious. The Raúl Jiménez of whiskys.

It cost €38m and works well with a small Portugese?

Kilkerran - Heavily Peated. 59.3%!

Serious whisky.

You can pre-order it on urban-drinks.co.uk

£149.90 so not a cheap drop!!

I am just going to chill in the garden with some gentleman Jack. Happy Easter whiskey lovers

Auchroisk 22 year old, bottled by A.D. Rattray at 52.6%.

Tastes like a first fill ex-bourbon cask.

Absolutely glorious.

Tamdhu batch strength #4. 57.8%.

This is the fucking pinnacle for sherry cask finished speyside whisky. Absolutely glorious. 10/10.

Has anyone ever had the Island Green Johnnie Walker?

Opened a bottle of Method & Madness (Midleton Distillery) in celebration of tonight's historic win. Absolutely glorious. 46% Irish Single Pot Still finished in virgin Hungarian oak. Up there with the best Irish Whiskey's I've ever had.

Sounds nice, I only buy a bottle or two a year of whiskey for the house, it's too nice and moorish!

On recommendation from Johnny75

Here is my Saturday evening tipple

1572111233187-1500782970.jpg

Back