• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Who are ya? Who are ya?

I think this thread is a great idea. No-one knows who anyone is unless you have something like this. It's good to put a face to the names.
Do you guys have a favourite pub to go to before a match?
I'm assuming you go to one, but maybe you don't..

There's a lot of people meet up prior to a game. Depending on who we are playing, I have been darlowolf, aikiwolf, kenny, quirkafleeg, trips, parkins left foot and a whole variety of people at some point in the past few years. ;)

There's a lot of people meet up prior to a game. Depending on who we are playing, I have been darlowolf, aikiwolf, kenny, quirkafleeg, trips, parkins left foot and a whole variety of people at some point in the past few years. ;)
At a pub?

At a pub?
Not just the London but that is usually the meeting point because of the big screens and the ability to watch the early game, if there is one.

Usual crowd is Kenny, DW, Paddy, Aiki and his brother, Boozad, Weasel, Pablo, Lycan, Trips, Johnny and myself plus a few who don't post on here. (Apologies if I've missed anyone)

We have had appearances from Cyber and a few others too!

Not just the London but that is usually the meeting point because of the big screens and the ability to watch the early game, if there is one.

Usual crowd is Kenny, DW, Paddy, Aiki and his brother, Boozad, Weasel, Pablo, Lycan, Trips, Johnny and myself plus a few who don't post on here. (Apologies if I've missed anyone)

And me too!
That's before I moved to the States 9 years ago and whenever I can get back

Just clicked at the front and saw Hamlet. I wonder what became of him? Vulnerable kid, I hope he's gone on to great things

Didn't he end up getting a job he had to be quite secretive about? Perhaps GCHQ or similar?

😢

I did apologise in advance, Stan 🤣

Memory is clearly going as well - I've even had the odd table booking to accommodate the group

Obviously the older one is the less visible you are ;)

I know where it is, but have never been in there. It's a student pub generally. The varsity was the nearest one I've been to recently. Well, when you say recently probably 10 years ago.. :ROFLMAO:
Drinking in the town isn't my thing anymore. When it was De Babel's in Chapel Ash was open... I'm sure some of you guys went in there? For anyone who didn't, imagine if you will leaving a pub and having only a couple of places in the whole town to go for food, and it wasn't a takeaway. 50 pissed blokes standing(just) in a queue waiting to sit down for a steak. You had to be there..
I digress, I will have to make my way up there when we can finally go in a pub and meet you guys.

To be fair I'm a bit disappointed. I was expecting you to say " we meet at a pub 5 miles away, it's the ******." Then I turn up, no fucker is there and I'm standing there for an hour like a spare prick at a wedding, while all of you are laughing about sending me to the wrong place.... :ROFLMAO:

It's not a student pub really, nowhere is in town.

The Varsity has been closed since about 2007 :D

To be fair I'm a bit disappointed. I was expecting you to say " we meet at a pub 5 miles away, it's the ******." Then I turn up, no fucker is there and I'm standing there for an hour like a spare prick at a wedding, while all of you are laughing about sending me to the wrong place.... :ROFLMAO:
Who says we haven't sent you to the wrong pub? 😉

It's not a student pub really, nowhere is in town.

The Varsity has been closed since about 2007 :D
No student pubs in a university town? https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=student+pubs+in+wolverhampton
Google seems to think so.. :p

So it's been longer than 10 years since i went up town for a beer. Going around the world racing negates that..

Maybe you have, how would i know? Apart from standing there like a spare prick at a wedding for an hour. :ROFLMAO:
Edit: Sorry, it was Trips who said "who says we haven't sent you to the wrong pub".

Last edited:
No student pubs in a university town? https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=student+pubs+in+wolverhampton
Google seems to think so.. :p

So it's been longer than 10 years since i went up town for a beer. Going around the world racing negates that..

Maybe you have, how would i know? Apart from standing there like a spare prick at a wedding for an hour. :ROFLMAO:
It certainly isn't a student pub pre match!

It's a funny thought sending you into a student pub, just you surrounded by hundreds of kids asking them "are you from the Wolves Forum?" 🤣

Actually, a few of us met for the first time with that very question! I think Cyber felt a little uneasy asking a large group of blokes if it was us just in case we had set him up as you've described 😂

Back