• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Who do you want to go down?

Who do you want to go?

• Total voters
It’s a fair point though. Huddersfield have won the league three times in the period since Newcastle last won it.

Everton. Fans always seem very self-entitled and the obsession with Duncan Ferguson is just weird, the guy's a headcase.

It’s a fair point though. Huddersfield have won the league three times in the period since Newcastle last won it.

I never said league wins was the only criteria? Newcastle, like us, have 6 cups wins to Huddersfield's 1.

We've also spent twice as many seasons in the top flight as Huddersfield

I'd laugh my ass off if Everton go down. Our poor form against Burnley has to end at some point, surely?! So they can have another year. I think Leeds will be safe, as well Villa.

They'd be wrong and deluded then.

Like I said, we can't be too snobby, and obviously spent most of the 80s/90s/2000s out of the top flight, but in terms of history and honours, you'd place us in at least a tier above those I mentioned, or the likes of Wigan or Swansea. I think even after decades of underachievement we're still something like the 13th most successful club in the country in terms of domestic trophies

There's a difference between a 'proportion' of small clubs in the top flight (of course you should be there on merit), and half the league, which we could feasibly have next season if Fulham, Bournemouth and someone like Luton or Huddersfield get up
If you go back far enough in football history you'll find a number of clubs that would put themselves in 'a tier above' other clubs, it's pointless. We've had 4 seasons in the last 40 odd years where we've looked genuine top half, top division candidates, personally I don't like looking at us as better and more deserving than anyone else. Tbf I probably shouldn't be posting on this thread as I don't really hate any other teams and don't give a flying fuck who goes down as long as its not us.

If you go back far enough in football history you'll find a number of clubs that would put themselves in 'a tier above' other clubs, it's pointless. We've had 4 seasons in the last 40 odd years where we've looked genuine top half, top division candidates, personally I don't like looking at us as better and more deserving than anyone else. Tbf I probably shouldn't be posting on this thread as I don't really hate any other teams and don't give a flying fuck who goes down as long as its not us.

Each to their own.

Simply, I'd rather see Leeds, Sheff Wed, Sunderland, Forest and Blackburn in the top flight than Reading, Hull, Bournemouth, Brentford and Wigan

Each to their own.

Simply, I'd rather see Leeds, Sheff Wed, Sunderland, Forest and Blackburn in the top flight than Reading, Hull, Bournemouth, Brentford and Wigan
When I said I don't hate any other teams, I'd forgot about Leeds, yep hate them, they can go to hell, or the national league as some call it

I'd laugh my ass off if Everton go down. Our poor form against Burnley has to end at some point, surely?! So they can have another year. I think Leeds will be safe, as well Villa.
Prior to this weird run against Burnley WE were their bogey team! It's odd how it has twisted around.

Everton, Burnley, Leeds would be my preference based on away days.

Prior to this weird run against Burnley WE were their bogey team! It's odd how it has twisted around.
At their place we don't seem to win a lot. 1 in 11 or something

Last season Chris Woodinho took us a part in that brilliant live on national TV 4-0 humping at home

At their place we don't seem to win a lot. 1 in 11 or something

Last season Chris Woodinho took us a part in that brilliant live on national TV 4-0 humping at home
Yeah i meant going back historically. From 1973 to 2009/10 season it was

DWWWWDDWWWWWWWWWWWWWWLWDDWLWWWLWW

All gone to shit since then though!

Last edited:
Yeah i meant going back historically. From 1973 to 2009/10 season it was

DWWWWDDWWWWWWWWWWWWWWLWDDWLWWWLWW

All gone to shit since then though!
I went to two of the three defeats :D

One around Christmas 2002 at their place and at home when Owen Shorts was their manager and Hennessey let in a shocker right after making a worldie save. For a couple of years Sky kept showing that as one of their "classic" EFL games. Thanks lads.

Didn't go to the one where we lost 1-0 and Quashie rounded off his perfect record of losing every game he played in a Wolves shirt.

Everton in front puts Leeds deep in it

Heroics from Pickford to keep Chelsea out.

He's got a decent record since he took the reins at Leeds hasn't he?

Back