• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Who will win the Championship?

Who will win the Championship?

• Derby County

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Middlesbrough

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Hull City

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Burnley

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Wolves

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Other

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
There will always be surprises in this league good and bad, still find it hard to believe we got relegated 2 years ago. I don't think they'll be any run away leaders or anybody cut adrift at the bottom.
The bottom three is as hard to predict as the top 6.
Wouldn't be surprised if Cardiff had a big struggle next season.

Not sure but we're poor last season and haven't bought anything of note in and I really don't rate Slade as a manager.

McDons are as soft as shite, they'll get bullied out of this league and Robinson will be bleating about his lack of resources/lack of protection for his players by October.

Unsurprisingly I hope they lose every game.

Have to go with Derby County they look as though they have more attacking variations within their game than the other contenders. Just a slight doubt as to their resolve in central midfield.

Boro for me.

Derby look good but who knows how a new manager will do.

I was torn between Derby and Boro, but plumbed for Derby with a wince, due to their attacking options, but the wince was for the end of season collapse last season, and they just might do might again, or even start that way.

looking forward to the prediction league based on this. Should be fun!

It's really up in the air in my view. I think Derby have too many individuals, plus a first Time manager, boro have downing but not really a huge amount else - Brentford have lost their best player and seem to be changing a lot of their squad, which leaves the relegated teams - I expect qpr to be a car crash, burnley have a lot of experience but not a huge amount of goal threat. Hull are losing players but still have some quality going forwards. I'm not wowed by sheff weds signings.

As it stands id probably go for hull, then us. And hull may well lose more yet...

I actually think the manager is the key part of promotion from this division, followed by having a real goal scorer. I think we're very lucky with ours...

Bruce is on his downward curve which happens at every club he manages and the fat bastard was threatening to quit a week ago as if relegation had nothing to do with him. I think they'll be the worst of the relegated teams, at least until he leaves.

I think he can get a hardworking team set up - plus has some real quality with huddle stone and Livermore, and quite a few strikers...

Depends on him staying though, and like you say he's been whinging a bit lately.

Livermore is on for a two year ban is he not!

All his teams turn to shit after a while, more noticeably than other managers.

Bruce has got more front than Brighton pier, making threats to quit after a lack of signings after the funds he was given last season and fucked up monumentally.

I'm not sure - last I saw it was likely to be a six month to 2 year ban from last may - googling it hasn't given me the actual sentence?

after 30 votes no-one sees Burnley as winners yet they do have a great team spirit. Just an observation. I think they will finish higher than Derby as will Forest

Forest
QPR
Middlesborough
Burnley
Derby
Top 5

Forest's best player is broken until January. They are embargoed. Will have to sell Antonio to have any chance of coming out of embargo. Screams potential champions.

Forest's best player is broken until January. They are embargoed. Will have to sell Antonio to have any chance of coming out of embargo. Screams potential champions.

Agreed but then Bournemouth and Watford werent fancied last year at all. Watford had as many managers as players. Bournemouth were predicted mid table and Watford top half. Every year there are teams in the championship that come from under the radar and get top 6. Norwich straight up from League 1 10/11 with Swansea, Reading and Southampton 11/12 Crystal Palace came from no-where to go up 2013, the Championship is really really close with any of 15 teams capable of making the top 6. Us included. Good goalscorer and a good manager goes a long way I agree. I just think there will be surprises.

Forest will not be one of them. Sheffield Wednesday is a better call for a shock promotion candidate.

Bit late on this, but I'm thinking Burnley or Boro. Voted for Burnley in the poll.

I did think Wigan were going to be top two last season, however. :smarmy:

Back