• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Who will win the Championship?

Who will win the Championship?

• Derby County

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Middlesbrough

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Hull City

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Burnley

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Wolves

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Other

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
Boro have strengthened more than others - not a certainty, but have a decent chance

I think Burnley might do well, whether they will win the league though is a different matter. Play offs for them I think.

As of today Derby, Burnley, QPR and Boro Top 4, although I think QPR will lose Austin and Phillips in the next month. Wolves 10-12

was gonna go for middlesbrough because of their defence and chelsea loan deals but i went for Derby because of their offensive attributes(what i think is most important in the championship)

QPR, just to spite everyone.

Bournemouth came from no-where last year and it could happen again. There are 10 teams capable of winning the league and 15 capable of playoffs. I think Bristol City may surprise a few but champions? To much of a stretch.Ipswich Brentford and Blackburn wont do as well. The surprise teams could be Forest or Bolton. Both due a decent season but maybe lacking squad depth. Preston could do ok. So my other , sticking my neck out will be Forest with QPR as runners up

Bristol City have a miniscule squad. One injury and they're in trouble in any position.

Bolton won't be anywhere near, I actually think they'll go down with Rotherham and McDons. Their squad is appalling.

Notlob and Blackburn look very vulnerable. If Blackburn have to flog Rhodes just to get out of the embargo they are potentially in a world of hurt. I also think precisely nothing good about the Bristol City squad.

I think Rotherham will come close to dropping again. I think Brentford will have a poor season in comparison to last, don't think they'll go down tho.

City have a decent first XI. Ayling, Flint, Williams, Bryan, Smith and Freeman are all good players and should be fine at this level. Their new £2m striker is a gamble but they desperately needed another forward.

They've somehow managed to put together a weaker squad than the one they were promoted with though, which is quite an achievement.

As it stands they have 16 players in their first team squad, one of whom is crocked (Agard), two who have no chance at this level (El-Abd and Wagstaffe) and then a couple of youngsters who've spent most of their career on loan in League Two.

The natives are starting to get very restless down here.

One thing I feel fairly sure will happen is that a team who no-one expects to do well will have a say in the promotion race. Unfortunately, I have no idea who that team will be.

A lot of blues fans seem to think they'll come above us and push for the play-offs. Bit dilusional if you ask me.

Judging by how good they were last season (though the latter tailed off due to appalling management by Wally) and the quality of signings made this summer, I would go for one of Boro or Derby. I will say Derby as they were excellent for the bulk of last season and looked certainties for automatic which makes their eventual 8th place finishing all the more surprising

Given my performances in the prediction league, I say this with apologies to fans of Preston North End, but I think they might do quite well. Top six possibilities.

One thing I feel fairly sure will happen is that a team who no-one expects to do well will have a say in the promotion race. Unfortunately, I have no idea who that team will be.

MK Dons. Top ten would be a stonking season for them and it is achievable.

Back